Print Page | Close Window

Army bay softbaiting

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Soft Bait Fishing
Forum Description: Anything to do with this latest and greatest way of catching our favourite species
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=130130
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:50pm

Topic: Army bay softbaiting
Posted By: brdas
Subject: Army bay softbaiting
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 10:41pm
Hey guys

I have a fishing comp in May and have started fishing up army bay been to tiri twice, heaps of people say army bay is good right now. Today I went out from 7am till 2 and came home with a donut lol. Any tips or trick I could use for fishing army bay? Used every colour softbait and jig head sizes under the sun today

Replies:
Posted By: spin king
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 7:16am
I Just use one softbait now , 1/2 Oz with a bleeding banana grub. I used to chop and change all the time and ended up with my bait out of the water more than in it. Technique is everything too. Cast forward of your drifting boat and retrieve. Keep your bait near the bottom with heaps of movement.
Most importantly find the fish first and then set your drift so you end up with your bait on top of them

Posted By: Muppet
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
May will be better than January for softbaiting Army bay that is a fact.

Posted By: 700 LTR
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 9:43am
Agreed Muppet I personally think the best fishing to be had in Auckland in general in March - May 

Posted By: Muppet
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 2:27pm
Yeah very soon the Kahawai boil ups will start and its well worth livebaiting a mack or piper for a King that way at the moment. 

Posted By: cirrus
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2019 at 5:07pm
Looking forward to those boil ups. Last Autumn never saw one around the Rangi ,motutapu,rakino area,despite always looking. Unlike other years when they were plentiful.
Hope they show this year.
Make a nice change from snapper.

Print Page | Close Window