Print Page | Close Window

1st Tuna/Marlin trip for the season

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: JetSki (PWC) fishing
Forum Description: Doing it on a ski....
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=129904
Printed Date: 30 Mar 2024 at 4:14am

Topic: 1st Tuna/Marlin trip for the season
Posted By: coxie
Subject: 1st Tuna/Marlin trip for the season
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:57pm
Had my first trip out wide last week looking for Tuna and Marlin, was just a recon mission to see what I could find, had a few exciting moments though the day!

Replies:
Posted By: shad
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:08pm
Great effort Coxie  , we landed our first albies for the season off port Taranaki on the Sat 29th. We paddled out and found blue water at 50m , no surface action , landed four tuna between three kayakers , between 70 and 80m Smile

-------------
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:44pm
Thanks Shad. You say you paddled out to 80m in a kayak?!? just how far are you talking distance wise? It's a fair hike to get that deep up these ways

Posted By: shad
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:21pm
We did a 35km paddle that day , paddling between 4-5km/hr, 80m is about 12km offshore, most outings we are looking for surface action and birds working , sat was quiet , there was lots of bait sign showing on the sounder but nothing else .It was our first outing  so our bodies felt it the next day.Ouch

-------------
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:20pm
Another great video..
9L at the pump?
 For a trip wide like that how much gas did you use?

Posted By: MB
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:28pm
Nice. I wondered if you were going to target game fish this season. I'll have a go just for fun, maybe one or two trips once the water really warms up. I have a plan! 

Where do you store your selfie stick when not in use?

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:33pm
Steps - that was just a small clip of the gas pump, I put more than 9L in. For that trip out to the hundred meter mark with a bit of trolling around I used about 47-48L from memory. 

Mightyboosh - my selfie stick thingy is telescopic so it is only about 300mm long when folded away, I either just leave it sitting in the foot well or put it in a rod holder

Posted By: MB
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 3:38pm
cheers.

Posted By: BeastMode
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 7:42pm
Great video. Cheers 👍

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by shad shad wrote:

We did a 35km paddle that day , paddling between 4-5km/hr, 80m is about 12km offshore, most outings we are looking for surface action and birds working , sat was quiet , there was lots of bait sign showing on the sounder but nothing else .It was our first outing  so our bodies felt it the next day.Ouch

Crikey Shad! I bet your shirts need longer sleeves after that. Great vid there coxie, as always

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Print Page | Close Window