Print Page | Close Window

Attaching images

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: Forum comments and feedback
Forum Description: Anything related to posting or running of the forum, check here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=128014
Printed Date: 30 Mar 2024 at 3:55am

Topic: Attaching images
Posted By: krow
Subject: Attaching images
Date Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:09pm
Hi I currently cannot add a photo into the topics. Works ok in messenger. When I follow the process all goes well and comes up in the preview pain. When I say ok the screen just goes back to the load photo insert box but the new photo is now in the list of photo's I've uploaded. If I click preview post option nothing happens. Running Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Why did it work here and not in the workup or briny?

Replies:
Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:19pm
Weird worked when I tried it again but wouldn't work yesterday or today ????? Forget it for now I guess. 

Posted By: jock
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 2:54pm
test

Posted By: waynorth
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:16pm
Maybe try a Chrome update Krow mine is version 70.0.3538.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)

-------------
treat fish like fish

Posted By: pjc
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 5:19pm
Its the system that fish.net uses,according to young fella here they havent set it up right,could post last week and delete now cannot post nor delete

gives microsoft   Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0046'

Permission denied

/forum/file_delete.asp, line 151

-------------
Sex at 58.Lucky I live at 56

Posted By: Tagit
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 7:23pm
If you have attaching image issuestry altering the picture alignment in the preview pane. There is an option for this that normally say 'Default' I just did this and suddenly my picture posted OK. 

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:52pm
just tried as you suggested "tagit" picked a picture from saved photos,set on default and clicked on tree symbol,but no didnt work.

-------------

Posted By: Raging Bull
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 8:16am

This is on my i pad

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:23am
Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

just tried as you suggested "tagit" picked a picture from saved photos,set on default and clicked on tree symbol,but no didnt work.

What I meant to say was alter the setting from default to say 'Left'

Posted By: Steps
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:23am
Never had an issue.
 I crop out background, keep subject, and resize width to 600 before uploading
 There are limits to upload size.. if to big fails.
 This is normal on web servers... and has been so for the last 25 yrs or so. Reason being is the software that automatically resizes tends to be very memory hungry when resizing very large pics.
 Also get a few very large pics on a web page and can slow down the loading of that page..particularly when a server may have 100s or even 1000s of web sites and pages on it.

Of note thu Fish.net is very generous in pic size max specs to most sites.. 

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Tagit Tagit wrote:

Originally posted by pjc pjc wrote:

What I meant to say was alter the setting from default to say 'Left'
it uploads to box but wontattach to post.been an issue since last upgrade same cannot delete from file.Ginge fixed it last time.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 11:47am
Try clearing your cookies and cache PJ. Ginge is looking into it as it is affecting a few people.

Print Page | Close Window