Print Page | Close Window

Hooking 10-12kilo Snaps on small baits

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Soft Bait Fishing
Forum Description: Anything to do with this latest and greatest way of catching our favourite species
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=123462
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 10:05am

Topic: Hooking 10-12kilo Snaps on small baits
Posted By: nzfishwhisperer
Subject: Hooking 10-12kilo Snaps on small baits
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 11:30am
It's always been the saying for me being a stinky bait fisherman - BIG BAITS BIG FISH but when Pea and I were in the far North we decided to do a bit of Softbaiting / Micro jigging....

Nothing weird about that but when I dropped over the little 5" softbait and pulled a 11 kilo Snap on board I wondered why the hell a fish that size would scoff a bait the size of my pinky Confused some that softbait tell me they have caught there biggest fish softbaiting and always said yea yea - although I have caught bigger still on smelly bait I can now say yea maybe they have Smile

Pea also landing a massive 12 kilo on a little 28grm micro jig help with the little bait big fish scenario as well...

Over the morning the small baits and metal produced 4-5 solid Reds 10-12kilo....

Replies:
Posted By: Tortise01
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2017 at 2:13pm
Great video!
Nice one mate

Posted By: PJay
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 5:20pm
Yup, you will find, from years back, posts in "SB Hall of Fame" by me showing 9 and 10+kg snapper caught on 5" jerkshads mounted on 1/2 ounce jigheads with 1/0 hooks.   See for example pages 38, 39, 41.

-------------
PJ

Posted By: muchalls
Date Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 5:22pm
Biggest fish for me this season was caught on a 28g colt sniper jig.

Posted By: Marknado4000
Date Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 9:24am
Elephants eat peanuts!

Print Page | Close Window