Forum Name: Australia
Forum Description: Aussie travel and fishing destination info here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=116800
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:58pm

Topic: Perth in July?
Posted By: smudge
Subject: Perth in July?
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 10:16am
Does anyone know about fishing in Perth in July, any recommended charters?

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Replies:
Posted By: MB
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 10:53am
I did a charter south of Perth, near Busselton which was awesome. Big dhufish were caught, like snapper, but bigger!

http://legendcharters.net.au/deep-sea-fishing/

I also did a fair bit of surfcasting around Perth and further south. If you're interested, I can share some details.

Posted By: Olfart
Date Posted: 27 Mar 2016 at 11:44am
Get hold of Deltadreams, or Betterthanwork, Smudgie.  Both fellas now live over there and should be able to give you the good oil...

-------------
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Posted By: laidbackdood
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 7:40pm
Fishing around Perth is not up too much .....snapper can only be taken at certain times and they have to be huge for you to take......something daft like 45 or 54 cm from nose to top of tail..........You can only take a couple as well.
              If i was you......id be going to exmouth.....10 hours north of perth or a short flight from perth.........plenty of marlin up that way and small to medium GT's....plus plenty of other fish to keep you busy.......Eddie is the man up there...........If you want him......you will find him.
I have been out with 2 charters in perth and came back with nothing.....have fished south of perth = Albany ...on jetties etc.........the fish are very bloody cagey with their bite !....whiting are not bad.

-------------
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.

Posted By: smudge
Date Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:52pm
OK, thanks guys some good leads. I'll try and get hold of those two jokers too, thanks Grant.

-------------
Best gurnard fisherman in my street

Posted By: deltadreams
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 1:29am
Smudge,

Let me know your dates and if the conditions are good the I will take a day off to hit the WA waters in my boat might even be able to get betterthanwork [Alan Gow] out as well

Alan and I were out Easter Monday and were rewarded with a WA Dhu fish [I also LOST my spiral wrapped SYNIT and Trinadad [sp] reel over the side [don't ask any more Q's]

Get Grant to give me my email address and we will  email each other.

Also I am over in NZ next month [May] so might get together for a glass of water eh

Regards

Neil

-------------
Remember: it's not a fish until it's landed

Posted By: Olfart
Date Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 6:22am
PM sent Smudge....

-------------
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Print Page | Close Window