Forum Name: Gamefishing Updates and Reports Archive
Forum Description: Key info and threads from previous gamefishing seasons
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=113536
Printed Date: 04 Jul 2020 at 3:04pm

Topic: Gamefishing Updates - New Plymouth - Kawhia 15/16
Posted By: Grunta
Subject: Gamefishing Updates - New Plymouth - Kawhia 15/16
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 12:17pm
Game-fishing reports, updates, pics here and good luck for the 2015-2016 season.

Replies:
Posted By: alstoy
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 4:51pm
Dates for this summer's Game Fishing Competitions out of New Plymouth 

* 9th January Yamaha Tasman Marine
* 20th to 27th February Nationals
* 5th/6th March Ladies / Lassies
* 9th/10th March Cockies Competition
* 12th/13th/14th March West Coast One Base (Taranaki long weekend)
* 9th April Tasman Marine Kilwell Classic 

Posted By: Rainbow
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 12:12pm
Two blue sharks seen at 30m off the port.    Water temp.  17.5 degrees at 55m.    Time to have a look out wide.   Marlin caught at Manakau.  
Rainbow  

Posted By: feeder
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2016 at 10:18am
Water temp @ 50m off Albatross 28th Dec was 19.8, albies were about, got 6, apparently a marlin was sighted same day, same place free jumping.

Cheers

-------------
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar

Posted By: BuiltToFish
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:05am
Shot out of Kawhia on Wednesday for our first look of the season. The Northerly was kicking up some niggly chop on the way out but the new Garmin Reactor Autopilot I installed recently just ate it up. Dropped the gear in at 75m once we got some ok water temp & colour. Picked up some skippies around 116m and headed NW of the 124 towards where we picked up a fish on the same day last year. Conditions flattened off nicely mid morning.

Turned and headed south back towards where we had picked up the skippies and had a solid blind strike on the Bonze D-Shackle on the short corner. Didn't pull much line and as we turned and started to clear the teasers we had a spectacular strike on the long corner with a solid Marlin crashing the Bonze undertaker vertically from below. Unfortunately we got a suspected tip wrap and the mainline snapped on the strike. 

Never less we were still hooked up on the initial strike and I got stuck in to whatever it was that was digging in deep. 

After a tug of war for about an hour and a half we were stoked to see a nice stripey come up and we were surprised to see both lures in its mouth. The hungry bugger had all four Bonze platinum light gauge hooks buried in its mouth!

Measured the fish at 2.55m so guess it was in the 115 - 120kg range. Popped a tag in its shoulder and sent it back to fight another day.

Picked up a few more skippies throughout the rest of the day but no more fish seen. Went out the following day in some pretty uncomfortable conditions and found better water in closer (around 75m). Had another Marlin up in the gear for about 15 seconds but couldn't get him to bite. Stoked to get the our first fish for the season and good to know they're out there!

-------------
It's better to be lucky than good!

http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: salty69
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:29am
Congrats and some great pics there

Posted By: Toe Knee
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:40am
Stripey

Posted By: Coochdog
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:45am
Awesome underwater pics! Congrats

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 11:27am
Great report that and some top pics to go with it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted By: Wayne.L
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 12:07pm
Sweet pics and report Smile

Posted By: MATTOO
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 1:18pm
Love the water pics.

-------------
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!

Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 5:27pm
Mint. Glad to see you got your lure back too. Great story. 

Posted By: BT007
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 9:43pm
awesome story cool pics!

Posted By: Fishb8
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 10:33pm
Great going guys and excellent photos!

Did 2 people wind that greedy girl in - freaky, eh?

-------------
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

Date Posted: 09 Jan 2016 at 11:38pm
Nah mate, mainline snapped on the second strike. Was gutted at the time thinking we'd missed a double strike but in hindsight was probably pretty lucky.

-------------

Posted By: supermodel
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 1:32pm
Great stuff lads
Interested in how you got the water shots.. swimmer??

-------------
RH580

Posted By: bluefox_13
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 5:51pm
Awesome work, those are some great shots.

-------------
Yes its cold... no I dont care that you feel the cold easily... no we can't get out....

Posted By: Lethal
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2016 at 11:17pm
very interested in your pic's Surtees6.1, are they from the extesion for a water proof camera ????
must feel great to get that first one away, i predict plenty more for the West Coast this year, these winds will certainly help the Westies out this season,

i dont think i need to wish you guys luck just the symbol of Thumbs Up

hope to hear lots more from you guys. 

-------------
Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing

Posted By: BigBlue1300
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 8:43am
something like this (Knekt Dome)

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2016 at 9:39pm
Thumbs Up Nice fish.

Cheers

-------------

Posted By: Tangi DnA
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:27pm
l hear one caught out off New Plymouth now. crew on board Blue Topaz, well done Peter Morrison (angler) and Stephen Morrison skipper.

Just weighed in at 103.2kg and first from NP for the season.  ClapClapClap

-------------
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:34pm
Three of us went out to 96m in our kayaks and one of my mates caught two albies. 
Water themp up to 18.5 degrees but no blue water in sight.    Moderate bird activity around bait balls.

Rainbow

Posted By: Kinghitter
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 12:54pm
We trolled for 3 hours off NP last night. Albies in at 50m, some big suckers too. Didn't seem like a lot out further towards 90 meters. Our temp reading was saying 20deg (not sure how calibrated).  Unconfirmed fish broke surface not far behind saddleback on a big bait ball.

Bait still patchy and sporadic hits on the tuna lures

Posted By: alstoy
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 6:54pm
The Kayak forum is elsewhere, well done to the old Butcher.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:27pm
Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.    
Rainbow 

Posted By: matty
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.     
Rainbow 

Haha, yip! By paddle or power rainbow is getting out into the zone and updates are much appreciated!

Posted By: supermodel
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:22pm
Go the Rainbow.. More than keen to hear from anyone GAMEFISHING from a kayak. Extreme fishing.

-------------
RH580

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2016 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Tangi DnA Tangi DnA wrote:

....crew on board Blue Topaz, well done Peter Morrison (angler) and Stephen Morrison skipper...Just weighed in at 103.2kg and first from NP for the season.
Great work - could be the start of a big season - you guys will be stoked!

Posted By: MandM
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 11:07am
First Marlin of the season landed yesterday off New Plymouth by 1 lucky angler.
103.2kg.
Looks like they are on their way down the coast!!

Posted By: vr4king
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2016 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by matty matty wrote:

Originally posted by Rainbow Rainbow wrote:

Alstoy    Before you set yourself up as judge of who can post on this forum I invite you to come out with us for a 35km paddle (as we did on Monday) then you will quickly realise who puts more effort in catching game fish.     
Rainbow 

Haha, yip! By paddle or power rainbow is getting out into the zone and updates are much appreciated!

And given there ages they are legends out there......I know I listen when they speak remember that these guys are chasing Tuna and guess why the stick faces are there?......I'm gonna stop now before I get really pissed off...Pull ya head in Alstoy

Posted By: Elcondor
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2016 at 3:16pm
1st troll for the season off NP. Minimal bird life and none working. 7kg albacore @ 90m but that's all. Trolled round the knuckle and back without seeing any bait/tuna on the surface. Water temp 19.9 on my elite7.

Better than working tho......

Posted By: tonga-tui
Date Posted: 16 Jan 2016 at 9:35pm
Out on the briny off tongaporutu today bottom fishing mate got some video footage of an est 80kg marlin free jumping in 25m of water 21° water temp.

Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 7:10am
Originally posted by tonga-tui tonga-tui wrote:

Out on the briny off tongaporutu today bottom fishing mate got some video footage of an est 80kg marlin free jumping in 25m of water 21° water temp.
Hi Sam was also out yesterday Snap fish'n in 20m off Awakino radio busy in arvo with sightings of free jumpers. Going to be a good game season in the Naki!Wink 

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:36am
Out with three other yak fishers yesterday.    What a change.    Water temp up to 20.6 and deep blue almost to the islands.    We all scored well on albies ranging from babies up to 10kg models.    Plenty of sauries and rat kings around.    Best albie and bait around the 50m zone and that is where I saw a stripy free jumping just ahead of my kayak at 53m.     Hard paddle back against the wind and confused waves from beyond the tank farm.    Slept well last night.    

Rainbow

Posted By: anarchy
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 4:46pm
hey anyone got a copy of the rules for the kawhia one base that they could send through to me? spoke to Sheryl the organiser but she is away for a week.
thinking of heading over that way for a mission.

cheers mike

Posted By: sink
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Anarchy Anarchy wrote:

hey anyone got a copy of the rules for the kawhia one base that they could send through to me? spoke to Sheryl the organiser but she is away for a week.
thinking of heading over that way for a mission.

cheers mike
Give Crazy Horse a pm.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 8:28am
Tagged our second of the season in 79m off Kawhia on Friday. Drooped another in 90m the following day. Few fish around at the moment, good to see.

-------------

Posted By: Gowest
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Surtees6.1 Surtees6.1 wrote:

Tagged our second of the season in 79m off Kawhia on Friday. Drooped another in 90m the following day. Few fish around at the moment, good to see.

Whats the general area you were working there mate?

Posted By: Crazy Horse
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 5:55am
Kawhia one base runs from 11th 12th 13th. Really well run comp now with a very good following.Normal rules as in any one base but he only change they should make is drop the shark section. Whats the point in chasing them. Should be done nz wide and I think some clubs have already dropped them out of there comps already.

Briefing 0n the Wed 10th. Good luck and hope to see you there. Out wide next three days. Cheers.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2016 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Crazy Horse Crazy Horse wrote:

Kawhia one base runs from 11th 12th 13th. Really well run comp now with a very good following.Normal rules as in any one base but he only change they should make is drop the shark section. Whats the point in chasing them. Should be done nz wide and I think some clubs have already dropped them out of there comps already.

Briefing 0n the Wed 10th. Good luck and hope to see you there. Out wide next three days. Cheers.
You are right there. Put the shark prizes into the tagged Marlin section. Maybe have 1st-10th for tag and release. Good venue for a comp, will definitely be there for the Quota Comp 1st week in March.

Posted By: Pepe1
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 10:25am
The word on the street is that "Fugly" is the team to beat at Kawhia's Ouota Tournament. 
The skipper and crew have been putting in some serious training..... Wink

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:46pm
What are he dates for the Quota club comp

Posted By: Dave0308
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Crazy Horse Crazy Horse wrote:

What are he dates for the Quota club comp
Fri 4th & sat 5th March.
 much happening out there today Dave ? I'm out tomorrow  

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 11:31am
think am tied up with charters those days. Had 4 bites and dropped another after ten mins on wed/tue last week.

Posted By: RMF01
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 3:07pm
Went out yesterday to try catch our first one for the season. conditions were great.
Had two marlin chasing our lures around 10.30. one pulled a bout 100m of line before dropping it. We worked that area for a while with no more luck. we carried on for an hour then came back to the same spot. We hooked up to one. It came straight a the teaser first then grabbed the short rigger and went ballistic on the surface before going deep. took 1.5hrs but we finally got it back to the surface. Pretty good start to the season. looking forward to many more fish.

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 3:16pm
Cracker of a stripey - congratulations!

Posted By: bluefox_13
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:09pm
Great work. Looks a fantastic day out there.

-------------
Yes its cold... no I dont care that you feel the cold easily... no we can't get out....

Posted By: Fishb8
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 9:29pm
Wow - 143 - nothing to be sniffed at!Thumbs Up

-------------
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken

Posted By: PIG HUNTER
Date Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:37pm
Congratulations.Great fish.

Posted By: pirate
Date Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 9:15pm
1st day for us on tues and 24.5 degs, beaut water but quiet, Sniper boated one and another boat i think. Wed was average, i didnt go out but some fish raised and dropped and maybe one caught i think. Freejumper seen a stones throw in the 40mtr mark off saddle. Went out thurs and was bit cooler at 22.5 degs and very fishy but no joy. magnetic raised one close to home but didnt stick. Didnt go today but sounds like there was a bite with a few hooked/dropped couple caught etc.. and a mahi mahi i heard.. The westerly seabreeze ruffle seemed to rark it up. Lots of saury out there but not much mackeral n bait on the sounder.. one gets the feeling something is going to happen soon though, nicest water ive seen down here since 98

Date Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 9:44pm
Good report thanks pirate.heard of a 120 stripy weighd in tonight.caught out the knuckle apparantly.

Posted By: robbosaur
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 6:52pm
What's happening in the mighty naki, guys ?

We look to you guys to give us some hope south of the Cape :-)

edit: nvm - my browser loaded a cached page from the 24th.
I posted then the new stuff showed up.

Posted By: krow
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:12pm
My nephew nailed one off New Plymouth yesterday 133+ kg after loosing one at the boat and dropping another that was bill wrapped earlier in the day. Looking like a great season is on the way for the whole country. I wouldn't even be surprised to see some yellowfin grace the scales down there.

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:27pm
Yesterday was crazy, radio was going mad and i think from memory maybe  20 or more hooked and perhaps half of them landed or tagged. We had a stroppy little fella on for 15mins and then he decided to do a 180 deg direction change as we were idling down the line, about 100mtrs away towards the boat then before we knew it was under the boat and around the prop and gone, snapOuch, about an hour later we approached some gannets working some bait and as we approached seen some sickles.. holy shiit ther were 4-6 of the buggers going hard harassing a meatball of mackerel! (you don,t often see that in the naki, at least within the closer range of smaller trailor boats).. we had a skipping kahawai in the mix but no go, did a circle and chucked on a livey deployed just of the edge of the baitball but still no action.. very frustratingAngry.. 23-24degs temp, hopefully more to come.. goodtimes

Posted By: robbosaur
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:33pm
cheers krow - yea I hope you're right.
I'm ready for em

The makos have shown up - Albies were around a couple of weeks ago but have been pretty scratchy for the last week or so.
If I don't get out tomo prolly Wednesday.

Edit: Just saw your post Pirate, wicked. Cheers

Posted By: Snappa Geoff
Date Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 8:52pm
Good to see a post Pirate! Baitfish off Mokau in huge amounts as well, don't think any Marlin brought in over Bar yet. Good luck next few trips. Cheers G.Big smile

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 1:26pm
A nice fish was caught out of Kawhia over the weekend, 149.5 kg, to Dion Higgie off the good ship Hawkeye.

Cheers

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 2:05pm

Went out Tuesday morning got our 1st marlin for the boat.133kg stripy. Had 24 degree water at the knuckle saw a Free jumper 300 meters up ahead and 15 minutes later we got hit on the long rigger.bonze d shackle with light guage hook done the damage.20 minute fight and in the boat.caronas all round and back to weigh station.still buzzing.seriously got the bug now

Posted By: Gowest
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 4:26pm
Nice fish there Pig Hunter, what depth did you snag that one? Some really fat stripes on the west coast so far this season which is good to see. Whats the bet the Lord Norrie Cup goes to a westie this year !!!

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 5:24pm
Cheers gowest .we got it on the 100m line.not the best pic.boys had few beers by then.can't wait for nationals just need good forcast.

Posted By: the angler
Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 10:11pm
Nice work . Good fish !
Bit quiet out there today.
Water is as nice as it gets and looks fishy as , long may it carry on.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 10:16pm
Thanks angler.boys are still buzzing.looks like forcast not too flash for weekend.hoping it will change.it seemed like thear was a good morning bite yesterday rite on low tide at around 11.radio all go with boats hooking up down puniho way and rite through to were we were at knuckle.only boat theer real good sea.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 10:36pm
Got me mate his first one not long after you guys ,not as big as yours tho didn't realise you had just weighed a fish , he was buzzin too .
yeah that Sou Easter can blow like a b&stard for 2-3 days sometimes , long range looks nice.

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 11:22pm
Congrats on your mates fish he be frothing to get back out there just like us.I'm stoked to get that lst one on the boat.good knowing we can raise fish.what the name of your boat angler see you oUT theer on the briny in the near future.cheers

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2016 at 7:19am
Was out there too. Only saw 1 boat so thought there must of been action South.

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 9:54pm
Well after doing frank spencer around the prop last week we hooked another on wed, had it on for good 30mins then straightened the hook boatsideAngry. Today 3rd time lucky and a first capture for me mate Hogan.. Put a pin in it and let it swim away. est 90-100kg chur Hoags! Was a bit brown and tired initially but we gave him a good tow and revived it to swim away strong

Date Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 11:33pm
Nice fish pirate well done.good to land one after bit of bad luck.we out today for few hours went south.lots dolphins and bait 80 m off oakura on way home.no joy for us though.

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 6:53am
Great stuff the first one is allways the hardest.

Posted By: Chewbucca
Date Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:43am
Congrats on the fish mate. Just out of interest. ...what type of hook straightened? Cheers

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 4:06pm
pm sent

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:49pm
Mint day today. 23+ water temp and blue as. Started off quiet but come 2.30 saw a free swimmer on the surface. Cut in front of him and he sounded then appeared behind the spread and hit the shotgun. 40 minutes later after having the leader in sight 5 times we had him at the boat and the lure leader parted! Must have been chafing on his bill or mouth. Sad faces all round but quickly reset the gear and 5 minutes later had another 1 hit the short rigger. He pulled a couple of hundred meters of line then cut back across the boat, rubbing the mainline down the hull and ping! he was gone. Went from legends to muppets in 1 hour. All on the outside of the hook. Trolled back in with no luck.

Pakula medium lumo sprocket and bart pink mackerel rum cay candy were the lures lost.

Lots of chatter about hookups, tags and landed as well.

Great day in the Naki!

Date Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 9:41pm
Looks like going to be a bumper season el condor. Plenty of time to get amongst it again.cheers for the report.I've just got into it seriously and always keen to hear what lures people are hooking up on.the one we got last week at the knuckle was on a bonze d shackle saurie.rigged with light guage hook.those things are lethal.we only ran 2kg of drag and didint put too much pressure on the fish.

Posted By: AQBM
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:09pm
nice reporting Elcondor
so does this make you in or out in the Dog Box

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 12:38pm
Always IN the dogbox!

The leader that chafed was 200 lb sufix superior. It was a good fish, possibly 100kg ish. Rigged with a single dojo 25. Had 8kg of drag on it for the whole time and seemed hooked solid. Have heard reports of the smaller dojo hooks straightening but seemed ok.

Just re-rigged all my smaller lures with 300lb sufix superior.

Will be out again before the weeked so will post if it is eventful.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 4:48pm
Home crook today but had the radio on.
Jesuz it sounded hot hot hot out there it was one boat after the other!!!.
Elcondor have you considered moi moi x tra hard leader ?
It's what a lot of the u.s boats use by sounds of a survey they done in Marlin magazine and it's only about $25 bucks for 300lb out at cookes lifting and fishing supplies in bell block

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by the angler the angler wrote:

Home crook today but had the radio on.
Jesuz it sounded hot hot hot out there it was one boat after the other!!!.
Elcondor have you considered moi moi x tra hard leader ?
It's what a lot of the u.s boats use by sounds of a survey they done in Marlin magazine and it's only about $25 bucks for 300lb out at cookes lifting and fishing supplies in bell block
Where was the action? thinking about fishing down and overnighting in the harbour tomorrow.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:16pm
Sounded like a lot of it was happening straight out the front .
Heard few guys reporting multiple feeding fish on the surface .

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 5:30pm

Cheers

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:25pm

What time does the kitchen close?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:43pm
Lately about 5 minutes before we get there !.
think bout 8ish but
not sure give lofty a call on the radio is safest bet.
the pork belly's good.....

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 9:57pm
will do. you out tomorrow?

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 10:10pm
hope to be , trying to shake a bug.
Bad timing to get crook .

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:07am
Harden up angler ya pussy i hear violin music

Posted By: Fendtman
Date Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 7:50pm
Hey guys i have never fished New Plymouth before and im fishing there next week. Would someone please be able to give me a heads up on what area and depth to start trolling. Any help on where there is good water and bait would be muchly appreciated. Cheers

Date Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 10:00pm
It's been pretty good just straight out of the harbour in 85+ , next weeks anyone's guess though .

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:14am
They could be anywhere next week. Could be a sneaky 1 or 2 in  45 of the cliffs.Wink

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:33am
Fish biting really early too, we dropped fish both days over the weekend before 7am.

-------------
I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila.

Posted By: Fendtman
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:40am
Oh sweet cheers for your help guys bloody good 👍

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 1:30pm
Gidday all, how fishable will it be in n.p this weekend you reckon? Cheers

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 1:40pm
Just average. Im going to have the man flu about wed/thurs i think.

Date Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 3:51pm
Headed up on Wednesday morning, should be on the water bout 10.30 am. Blue Topaz 7m Whitepointer. The boys tagged one on Sat to kick off their nationals est 90kg. Once again fish released before 9am

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 8:02pm
How's the sea lookin up there lads? Heading up tomorrow but reading conflicting forecasts. ..

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 8:19pm
Swellmap is about right. It ain't pretty but it's fishable.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by matty matty wrote:

How's the sea lookin up there lads? Heading up tomorrow but reading conflicting forecasts. ..
Sloppy this morning and better this evening. Heading out tomorrow to overnight somewhere.

Date Posted: 23 Feb 2016 at 10:13pm
Cheers! Thursday Friday lookin good?

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2016 at 8:00pm
Well we came up Wednesday, to New Plymouth and went home Saturday morning and paid dividends on Friday. Full report on wellington fishing reports.

Blue Topaz stolen by me for a few days strikes again, cheers for the use of her Doncod

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 7:21am
Hot bite yesterday , I can't recall ever hearing so many hookups of the naki.
Only one customer for us that didn't like the taste of mr Jorians creation and didn't hang around .
Quite a few multiple hookups too .
Solid bait on sounder from 60-40 m in places quite unusual looking wondering if the squid are back ?

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:14am
Good bite alrite.I think atleast 20 fish caught.we managed to tag a nice est 100kg.I think you rite about the squid angler.boys on rendezvous tell me they can see them at 30m on there sounder.

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:35am
Where have all the albies gone off NP?   

Rainbow

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 12:09pm
Water is to warm and they will now be down of Greymouth. Tuna fleet working there now

Print Page | Close Window