Print Page | Close Window

Flounder tamaki river

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Destinations
Forum Name: Auckland & Hauraki Gulf
Forum Description: Auckland destination info, advice, fishing spots, hints and tips here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=113529
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:00pm

Topic: Flounder tamaki river
Posted By: Tin cann
Subject: Flounder tamaki river
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 9:02am
Hi all does anyone know of any flounder spots in the tamaki river, what is the best tide, at night or day etc. not to sure where to start. Would there be flounder in the river now??

Replies:
Posted By: pjc
Date Posted: 01 Oct 2015 at 11:54am
Yes there's flounder can drag a net but not set a net

-------------
Sex at 58.Lucky I live at 56

Posted By: Wanda_Ra
Date Posted: 29 Dec 2017 at 7:30pm
Lived in pakuranga for a while and lived to flounder the area. daytime only, i never flounder at night due to getting caught once in deep mud and almost going byebyes.

any of the mudflats from Riverlea ave / st Kentigen are holds large numbers of flounder. hard in some areas, super soft in others.Not a night spot.

The inlet at the end of millen Ave that leads to riverina school holds decent numbers and also has pretty solid mud. i used to go 2 hours after low tide and just wade the very edge of the incoming tide,maybe an inch or two of water, back n forth and repeat. an hour usually got me 4-5 large ones. 

Point england reserve and walk out towards the long spit that goes out nearly to bucklands beach is very firm ground, often very clear and holds decent numbers.

Even caught a few large ones right beside the riverhills soccer club amongst the mangroves.

-------------
If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your tent.

Posted By: 1b5
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 2:37pm
I am just starting out and looking for some local spots to try, got my spear and underwater light. Quick question - the inlet at the end of millen Ave that leads to riverina school you mentioned earlier, is that a day spot or night spot? how hard is the mud there, went for a look today and seems the mud is around ankle deep? any other spots around that area that I could try? thanks in advance. 

Print Page | Close Window