Forum Name: Rod Building
Forum Description: Rod building chat here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105361
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 11:07pm

Topic: Winn Fishing Grip
Posted By: Stefan
Subject: Winn Fishing Grip
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:02pm
Has anyone tried these? Am looking at building a new rod and these caught my eye, not sure if they might be too soft though…

Replies:
Posted By: scuzzymoto
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:22pm
they are nice - saw a blue grip on the weekend on a custom imported rod- shame about the logo on it, will be interesting to see how they hold up to salt, fish oil and so forth

-------------
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain

Posted By: Men In Black
Date Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by scuzzymoto scuzzymoto wrote:

they are nice - saw a blue grip on the weekend on a custom imported rod- shame about the logo on it, will be interesting to see how they hold up to salt, fish oil and so forth

Trialled them and wouldn't use them even if they didn't have the Winn logo. They look great but they don't hold up well in a Saltwater environment. Maybe Ok as a fresh water grip for light lure fishing. The finish has a good grip surface when wet but the pattern wears off after a bit of use and you can't get anything greasy like sunscreen near them as it takes the colour and finish off them

-------------
www.synit.co.nz

Posted By: 470NE
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:42pm
Thats sucks, I was just about to place an order for a set - glad I saw this post 

Posted By: Stefan
Date Posted: 19 Nov 2014 at 9:57pm
Thanks you just saved me a whole lot of disappointment there! Shame really the concept is good.
Cheers guys!

Posted By: Men In Black
Date Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Stefan Stefan wrote:

Thanks you just saved me a whole lot of disappointment there! Shame really the concept is good.
Cheers guys!

The texture reminded me a lot of the replaceable tape used on road racing cycle handle bars back in the day. Really good grip in the wet but needs replacing regular as it wears rather quick

-------------
www.synit.co.nz

Print Page | Close Window