Print Page | Close Window

didnt think I would like these, but....

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: Saltwater Fishing
Forum Name: Hard Baits
Forum Description: Hard bait fishing topics here
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=105105
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:27am

Topic: didnt think I would like these, but....
Posted By: Capt Asparagus
Subject: didnt think I would like these, but....
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 12:01am

Got some new lures in from my mate in W.A., the normal minnows are as good as youd expect, but the bendy ones I thought would be lame. However, before I dumped them in my "yeah, I will get around to giving these a go someday, tui" bin, I took one with me to tarawera the otehr day, just to give it a flick into water to see just how hopeless it was.
hortanswer, it was so hopeless that if I were a fish I would sure eat one! By god, they have a brilliant, erratic, action.
Used as a cast lure, with a slow retrieve but an irregular flick of the rod tip, this lure fair danced and flashed thru the water, and slowly dived as well which I liked.
So, I got home, and in the mancave today I mixed up a few blobs of Araldite, and glued/reinforced the belly hook attachment.... just a screw in ring, to give that a bit more guts, removed the Insta-rust paperclip wire hooks they come with and the pull-me-straight split rings with good Decoy rings and hooks, and viola! I think they should all be good to go! I cant wait to flick these around bommies and in the mangroves in the Solomons in a month or two! :-)

Not a bad looking bunch of lures really, eh! :-)

-------------
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.

Replies:
Posted By: makka
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 10:16am
If you think those ones are good, you should try the real ones from OSP, though it's hard to justify the price when the knockoffs are so cheap!

Posted By: Capt Asparagus
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:37pm
I sure would like a metallic skin banana lure, that is for sure, but none the less, they certainly have a wicked action! :-)

-------------
It is only my overwhelming natural humility that mars my perfection.

Captain Asparagus, Superhero, Adventurer.

Print Page | Close Window