Print Page | Close Window

Garmin 8015 GSD26 and GCV10

Printed From: The Fishing Website
Category: General Forums
Forum Name: Tech Topics
Forum Description: IT - Computers, software, phones, ISP's....
URL: https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=103763
Printed Date: 01 Oct 2026 at 1:20am


Topic: Garmin 8015 GSD26 and GCV10
Posted By: Nomad
Subject: Garmin 8015 GSD26 and GCV10
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 1:22pm
Over the last ten months or so I have been using the Garmin 8015,1k GSD26 CHIRP sonar and just recently installed the Gaarmin GCV10  SideVü and DownVü CHIRP scanning sonar.
I want to share a few photos and screen shots to show the performance, clarity of images that I am getting when out fishing. 

 
In this shot you can clearly see the Kingfish hanging off the back of bait fish 

Another shot of Kingys where you see how the CHIRP separates targets
 
Here are schools of Tarakihi on the Sidevu 

testing how far I can use the ClearVu on 800kHz, this will be great for gamefisherman looking for bait, plus you pick up the breaks in the SideVu, Ill add a shot of how far I can push this using 455kHz
 
Kingfish Stacked up on the side off a drop off

Same school of fish coming at a different angle 

School of snapper from a soft bait fish up in the shallows.
with the very clear images and ease of use the whole set up has improved my speed of finding target fish, having a 15inch touch screen is great with having multi options on the display.   


-------------
    Ben Pokaia
<a href="http://www.nomadsportfishing.co.nz">



Replies:
Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 3:52pm
Nice images Ben Thumbs Up what transducer you using? TM 265 or TM275W


-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz


Posted By: Nomad
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2014 at 4:38pm
I am using the TM265LH CHIRP 1K transducer and the Garmin DownVu and SideVu transducer 

-------------
    Ben Pokaia
<a href="http://www.nomadsportfishing.co.nz">


Posted By: the angler
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 6:33pm
Swt looking setup man, it really is the dux nuts .
That glass bridge screen is mean I checked them out at the boat show and was pretty damn impressed I can see garmin taking a big slice of the electronics pie .... If they become just a wee lil bit more affordable .
I really liked there wristwatch too , remote control for autopilot !


Posted By: TOSF
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 9:34am
Got exactly the same setup going into my new rig, its unreal equipment for sure. Really keen to get the DownVu and SideVu features dialed in, a couple of areas I fish are on a very step drop off/walls its going to be great for finding the bait and where its holding.

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/TonyOrtonSportFishingOffshoreAdventures
www.offshoreadventures.net
http://www.legasea.co.nz" rel="nofollow">


Posted By: Wefaknis
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 9:34am
nice... i like.... i'm always sooo happy with my sounder till i use someone else s, I want it...  


Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 11:20am
Originally posted by TOSF TOSF wrote:

Got exactly the same setup going into my new rig, its unreal equipment for sure. Really keen to get the DownVu and SideVu features dialed in, a couple of areas I fish are on a very step drop off/walls its going to be great for finding the bait and where its holding.


Tony.. garmin have just released twin sidevu transducers( 1 each for port and starboard) so better definition on both sides of the hull compared to the original trans which has both elements in a single transducerWink


-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz


Posted By: Nomad
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 7:55pm
hey Kev do you have a line to this new gear, be interested to se how they do this, the hydro survey I have used still only has one transducer.

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Originally posted by TOSF TOSF wrote:

Got exactly the same setup going into my new rig, its unreal equipment for sure. Really keen to get the DownVu and SideVu features dialed in, a couple of areas I fish are on a very step drop off/walls its going to be great for finding the bait and where its holding.


Tony.. garmin have just released twin sidevu transducers( 1 each for port and starboard) so better definition on both sides of the hull compared to the original trans which has both elements in a single transducerWink


-------------
    Ben Pokaia
<a href="http://www.nomadsportfishing.co.nz">


Posted By: kaveman
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Nomad Nomad wrote:

hey Kev do you have a line to this new gear, be interested to se how they do this, the hydro survey I have used still only has one transducer.

Originally posted by kaveman kaveman wrote:

Originally posted by TOSF TOSF wrote:

Got exactly the same setup going into my new rig, its unreal equipment for sure. Really keen to get the DownVu and SideVu features dialed in, a couple of areas I fish are on a very step drop off/walls its going to be great for finding the bait and where its holding.


Tony.. garmin have just released twin sidevu transducers( 1 each for port and starboard) so better definition on both sides of the hull compared to the original trans which has both elements in a single transducerWink


Hi Ben.. just seen them advertised on "the hull truth", fairly expensive compared to the single TM model but no dead spots as they are fitted to each side of hull. each unit has one element facing each side and is cut depending on hull degree. Come in ss for alloy hulls too


-------------
www.kavemantackle.co.nz


Posted By: 3rnzir
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:37am
Nomad.
Are your transducers next to each other, or on opposite sides of the hull?
Cheerz


-------------
Peace.Via superior firepower..



Print Page | Close Window