Pocket sled kite fishing

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pocket sled kite fishing
    Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:47pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Well today was the first time I have actually caught a fish using the small pocket sled kite!
One snapper 40cm and a gurnard similar size, must have set at least 10 times with just 2traces on and got them both on the first set and then nothing else. But still learning the correct weights etc for the area and tide. Was at the bluff north of dargaville.
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 7:19pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

So what in the hang is a pocket sled kite?
OK so I google  pocket sled kite

And by coincidence, yesterday our eldest grandson asked me to tie his new kite onto the reels..as they where heading out to Kariotahi beach for the day at the same time showing him a Uni knot
 Now Im wondering what he was/ is using the kite for....???

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:36am
Silver
Silver

It certainly can be frustratingly difficult at times but it gets you out there and have now seen it work. haha
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:40am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Havnt seen them in action at all..
 Im not a land based fisherman...
Thu this has pricked my interest in the little kite/ fishing concept
Lets see more of it.. infor etc.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
Silver
Silver

I just have from memory when I bought it a 24kg rollertip rod with a Penn gti2 with 22kg braid and can get 350-400mtrs off the reel so actual distance would depend on rips and weights used.
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 1:41pm
Silver
Silver

I checked and it's a 330 gt2
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote My Bait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 10:05pm
My Bait View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Recently had another shot at the pocket sled large kite, and two sets of 2hooks , both sets came back with legal snapper and then the smallest shark over ever seen.