Out with the "Twelves"

Page  <1 384385386
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:37pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one FQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 5:38pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice one, Geoff. Beautiful day on the water. My JD from the trip I did yesterday was also a female - like Keith, I tried the roe lightly dusted in flour and fried with the fish. Very nice.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Far Quirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 2:32pm
Far Quirk View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Hi Keith and Lester

The reason I saved the roe and liver was for berley.  My family aren't great roe and offal lovers.  Sad really, but would add richness to the berley.
Far Quirk - I'm goin' fishn!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:59pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I tried JD roe once was the best one since leaving the UK since the battered Cod roe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote betterthanwork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 7:29am
betterthanwork View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Yes, I was able to go straight onto the beach easily.  Coming back though I used the ramp and had an hour and 20 minute que to use it.  Wasn't so bad waiting with the boat up to the sand compared with trying to hold station off HMB with that breeze.  I am sure it was a once off.

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Originally posted by betterthanwork betterthanwork wrote:

Too true and our decision to buy a Surtees 495 and a car with 4WD was vindicated yesterday when we rocked up at HMB at 6.40am to find a queue of boats and cars extending for probably 500m. A quick u turn a few minutes drive to Bucklands beach and and straight in off the sand effortlessly. Plus saved 10 minutes motoring at 5 knots. I had a 12 foot Parker craft for years then did a massive upgrade to a 14 foot fyran so even with exuberant extents of 16 ft Surfees I still feel like a small boat fisho.

Good call. My neighbour was there about 5am, and the first row of trailer parks was already full. When they got back early afternoon he was 15th in line, trying to hold position in the run in tide, waiting to pull out with rude ba$tards driving past everyone and pushing in etc.
Crazy stuff. Sure it's due to lockdown fatigue and lack of kids sports, shopping mall social outings etc, but it's great if you can avoid it.
Do you beach launch next to the ramp at big Bucks?
Page  <1 384385386