Opening weekend (Fishing Weather as per normal)

Page  12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Opening weekend (Fishing Weather as per normal)
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 12:55pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Count down is on, 5 more Sleeps.... Or 4 actually as what duck shooter can sleep the night before, especially after setting 250 ducks off (I hope) putting out the decoys on Friday morning.....

Another opening and you guessed it another fine and light wind forecast for much of the north island. Manawatu looks to be perfect for fishing. Hopefully the ducks are coming home anyway and wont be flying too high.

A good time for many of us to think about something other than fishing for a week. Can't wait getting close now fellas...

Enjoy, keep safe, have fun.
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 3:06pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My River maimai likes a howling Easterly.
Had opening days with conditions I need twice in twenty years.
Still a very good social occasion is opening weekend.
Hope to see plenty of young kids on the river with their Dads to keep the shooters comin` thru for our sport.
River shoots better later in the season for myself most years.
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 3:19pm
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Pretty happy that at least there will be a slight breeze so no fog Pinch
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 4:23pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I have had one very good opening three years ago on the river. Especially on the evening when thunderstorm and heavy rain came in. Cut the shooting short by about 45min as it got dark real quick. Bit eerie standing near a pond looking at the sky seeing lightning while holding a steel shotgun. Ducks were sitters and I managed a few nice shots.

Fog however I prefer to light winds, ducks seem to just pop in out of nowhere though got to be ready for a quick shot.

4 more sleeps (3 really)...
Why choose either diving or fishing when you can do both. Besides crayfish tail is very good bait!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 6:46pm
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by CrayZfish CrayZfish wrote:

I have had one very good opening three years ago on the river. Especially on the evening when thunderstorm and heavy rain came in. Cut the shooting short by about 45min as it got dark real quick. Bit eerie standing near a pond looking at the sky seeing lightning while holding a steel shotgun. Ducks were sitters and I managed a few nice shots.

Fog however I prefer to light winds, ducks seem to just pop in out of nowhere though got to be ready for a quick shot.

4 more sleeps (3 really)...
Ducks were sitters and I managed a few nice shots.

Oh please explain??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 7:26pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don't know why really but thunderstorm weather made the ducks keen to find shelter quick and came straight in without the normal circling round. Had some easy shots straight over the maimai
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:29pm
lips/hooked View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yeap another sunny light wind day, seems the norm for as long as I can remember but did get off thunder 4-5yr back and was out best in the river for a very long time. It's getting closer
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote straks007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 8:45pm
straks007 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Shooting Saturday. Fishing Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:53am
Silver
Silver

Nicely done
$hit happens
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote edge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:05am
edge01 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I used to shoot on dads farm at waitoa. Most opening weekends were clear and fine and you would need ack ack to shoot a duck by 10 am. some of them were so small you could hardly see them they were so far up.
We used to shoot some ducks though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 12:44pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Watch tonight on Choice TV from 830pm, as we see some Mallard and Canada Goose action from Lake Ellesmere. Can't wait... 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:28am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

NZ Hunting Adventures was a good watch, very sharp calling and shooting.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:17am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

So excited about watching some decent TV last night I brought the trusty gun dog in to watch... He was right into it especially the duck calling, and goose call which confused him a bit after never hunting geese. (That was until I told him he's not coming on opening weekend as I am FIFO to Manawatu.) If I can shoot and call half as well as these guys I will be very happy.

2 More sleeps...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snuffit. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:25am
Snuffit. View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

LOLLOLLOL it was the goose calling that really set my pup on edge, she lovvvvvves a good goose mission 
You cant eat my toast fish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:44pm
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Best hunting NZ Show I have seen in a while.
Interesting how one of the hunters from the NI said the Canty mallards where a lot bigger than the Waikato mallards.
Acorns are the go, to feed for those Mallards.
Arn`t those drones a game changer when it comes to video footage these days?
Brilliant retrieve by that tenacious young dog.
Be noice if that cyclone in Vanuatu could be down here by 06:30 this Saturday NZ wide eh.
First couple of hours are fun though regardless of weather conditions with young birds about.
My dog is now too old to take to the river this opening.
She knows that I have been tooling up last couple of days.
Bit sad for my loyal cobber.
For both of us really.
But it eventually happens.
Will take her out for one last hunt together later in the season.
New pup next season.
May go for another breed maybe.
Good tides for the Delta this opening for a change.
Good hunting Men.
cheerz

Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:33am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I've got pure bred Labradors for sale now. Only a week old ready to go 21 June. Come from a long line of duck and pheasant dogs on both sides. PM me if anyone is interested.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 2:21pm
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Weather was mint shooting was fantastic. 129 game birds for us over the weekend.sounds like there were plenty around. Best opening we've had ever.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfish15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 12:31am
kingfish15 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice haul crayzfish where were u shooting from?
Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CrayZfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 1:04am
CrayZfish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Bulls
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lips/hooked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2017 at 3:53pm
Silver
Silver

We didn't get that many but same sort of fishing conditions haha, but our best eve as well but very poor shooting but fan f ing tastic great day with good mates had 17duck 10 parrie but x2 if we shot well,but last minute puddle and a make do maimai but worked a treat and that's our Buzz.
$hit happens
Page  12>