New Site Design - Sept 2021

Page  <1 23456 12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 5:54am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

my reply text box is a narrow strip on the right of a empty page? That getting fixed? Pictures doesn’t allow me to browse only allows address path high isn’t helpful on a tablet. Thanks 
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 10:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I agree the whole right column.. thanked list, ads lower down.... could be 1/2 the width. Giving far improved  "real end user " ease of use...

Side note:  everything also works on old versions of FF on 32 bit XP machine.
 Thu Chrome is ok  till go to replay and the whole smiles opens up  reply box small to one side , options bar goes to one side..
The old XP internet explorer doesnt work at all...doesnt on hardly anything now.
 Note these are rather old obsolete OS and browser versions....

99.9% of my internet, mail , forums, browsers, messenger, fb  BS etc is all done on desktop.. phones, pads just used for other stuff.
Just easier , more convenient, Which means less time on the net more time actually doing real stuff... and real stuff without interruptions
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 9:57am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today go to the covid last page (191) and opens in the reply page..  So try the (190) page link opens fine.

Think maybe having issues with email from subscriptions.
 Profile is ticked...
 Can unsubscribe in the subscriptions link...cant re subscribe there....rre check profile that subscriptions checked and is.. un check re check..
 See what happens later.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 11:26am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Im still not getting email notifications to PMs and subscribed topics.
 Checked changed , changed back settings in profile and forum preferences. Subscriptions gives list of topics subscribed to.. turn off , and on.

Edit: Have logged out and back in , re checked all of the above and re confirmed those details/ pages.
 So see what happens later today.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 1:47pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Boys are working on the mail server and we'll get that running as soon as we can so the alerts are operational again.
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:02pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

reply box size of small match box on large empty page. Can that be fixed?
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:05pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

RD - any chance you could send me a screenshot please and details of browser and OS?
Online...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sufishent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 4:22pm
Sufishent View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Still having Login issues - but only having issues in the Forum, Login and Profile details remain as should be for all the other sections eg Reports, How to etc
You can never have enough fishing tackle
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:53pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Boys are working on the mail server and we'll get that running as soon as we can so the alerts are operational again.

That explains a lot.. not broken then...just WIP Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Mine looks all wonky on an iPhone, some things are overlapped and misaligned. I also couldn’t post a screenshot of it.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schampy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:26pm
Schampy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yep Im writing this in a tiny reply box about 40mm wide and 50mm deep off to the side of the normal reply area.
weird.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

shampy same with me. Almost one word per line.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:26pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Grant is this the normal page I see.
I can't use quick reply.
The reply box is so small it's difficult to check before posting.
M
Ok it's stopping me now take an image of the page, new problem.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 6:35pm
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

On android the reply text box is very small,.
The emoticons faces take precedence I  the screen. 

Recommednatio s o  resolvi g this issues would be appreciated 
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:03pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Android phone

Can't post images
Can't click on the last post in a thread unless there are new posts in that thread. Click on thread, takes me to the first page, click on last page number, scroll down to the bottom.
No indication of the original thread author which was a helpful addition about a year ago.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:05pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Android phone

Can't post images
Can't click on the last post in a thread unless there are new posts in that thread. Click on thread, takes me to the first page, click on last page number, scroll down to the bottom.
No indication of the original thread author which was a helpful addition about a year ago.

I'll pass that on to Grunta
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:49pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Grunta Grunta wrote:

Originally posted by Reel Deal Reel Deal wrote:

RD - any chance you could send me a screenshot please and details of browser and OS?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote whippersnappyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 7:49pm
whippersnappyr View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

my reply box is like this on my Mac, iPhone and iPad.  Not sure what happens on other devices / OS
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote scuzzymoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:02pm
scuzzymoto View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

not been on this site for a while( few years) but looks good and works well, may have start some new content
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled” Mark Twain
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2021 at 3:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by scuzzymoto scuzzymoto wrote:

not been on this site for a while( few years) but looks good and works well, may have start some new content

Welcome back Scuzzy
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Page  <1 23456 12>