New Site Design - Sept 2021

Page  <1234 12>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:24pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Pcj Pcj wrote:

500 server error trying to delete photos but thats been a problem for a while, no biggie though.
Currently it's not possible to delete photos. It can really bugger up the threads if a lot of images get trashed but it's on the list as some of us have hundreds/1000's in our user accounts.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:30pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmm now grumpy..
 I would really like to delete a few of my uploads...

The pics of a weather map 5yrs ago that has no meaning anymore..keep the techy, meaningful stuff .. which tends to get used again...
With so many 'rubbish ones ... and where accidentally loaded again.. cause didn't find it as was mixed in with all the crap.
 Or just give Admin the list to delete?

Oh and the same old smilies .. no new ones       

These are some off my phpbb2 forum web site..
Its easy to add them, the hard part is resizing the pop up window that has them all.. maybe not now in this format.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:33pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Still some tweaks to do tomorrow on the mobile layout just to tidy things up.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 6:35pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Don't be grumpy Steps - we'll get it sorted so you can delete your old weather maps - go and have a couple of beers and quickly relax.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Like the new look,well done guys.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:23pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yeah pretty good just replied to post. Seems to work ok.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shaneg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:28pm
shaneg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

if wanting to go to old home menu you just click on saltwater forums if wanting to monitor posts under saltwater fishing and related forums 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 7:39pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Great new look Thumbs Up. I almost don't need my reading glasses...
If you always do, what you've always done. You will always get, what you have always got
Henry Ford
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Alan L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 8:21pm
Alan L View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good job Grunta.
Looks like you have nailed most of it first time round.
Thats worth a few beers and Glenf...cs whatever. Ask Smudge.
Alan
Legasea Legend member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:17pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi.
No problems logging in.
However, every now and then when I open a topic it is elongated and the reply box is at the top right.
See below.
Is it something I have done or a random bug?
Have tried pasting a screenshot here, shows it in the reply box, however when I update post it is not there. Confused
Took a picture and posted it.
Cheers.

Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:33pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Same - with the elongation thing.

Plus I had a recurrence of the Log-in > You are not Logged-in > Log-out> Re-Log-in thing.

MS Bing this time.

A couple of more things - 

Not that I use it but - The "Most Thanked Forum Posts" list on the Right - The numbers are very small. 

There used to be a showing of the thread 'string' at the top of each thread so you could see the Forum category and click to go back into sub-headings easily. - Not there now.

Makes it clumsy to find your way back into the Forum.

And there are some, what look like 'layout lines' through the Text Editor buttons in the Reply panel.

2c.

Otherwise nice and clean and bright.    Thumbs Up
      ><(((*>    J
><(((*>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Foxtrot Oscar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:37pm
Foxtrot Oscar View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Hi. No problems logging in. However, every now and then...
Elongation was on this same thread as V8 's.

Maybe it's just that thread?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 10:59pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I can't upload images
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:23am
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks good to me .

Photo upload test .
COVID is no joke !
One former patient was so brain damaged after , he thought he won an election he lost by 7 million votes .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 6:31am
NZTurtle View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks great - clean and crisp!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:09am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

However, every now and then when I open a topic it is elongated and the reply box is at the top right.

Yep , tried all the links from "new post" since 13 hrs ago
only one does it, and does it every time
 "what would they say in NZ"
https://www.fishing.net.nz/forum/what-would-they-say-in-nz_topic135997.html
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:34am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

However, every now and then...
Having a look at that now
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jaapie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:42am
Jaapie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Well done Grant and team Thumbs Up

Hopefully this updated design kicks off a new fresh breath of air into the place.
"Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught,will we realize that we cannot eat money" - 19th Century Indian Creed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:45am
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Something to do the with quote function  - removed a few line breaks and that's fine now. If you see another one like that give me a yell as would be good to nail down exactly what is causing that.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Page  <1234 12>