New Boat Time

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Boat Time
    Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:10pm
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I’ve decided life is too short to not have a decent boat. I’m looking for peoples opinions on the best vessel for mostly spearfishing but a bit of idiot sticking thrown in the mix too.
Go hard or die trying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 5:36pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

get one of the new Lazer 580s.

put a big motor on it and look all horn at the ramp.
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 7:42pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Frewza F16. Hands down
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 8:04pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Lazercraft / circa / southern / amf

Pontoons boats are a waste of internal space in my opinion.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bigred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:08am
bigred1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

A decent boat would be a 8.5m white pointer, but I don’t have 300K + change for a tow wagon to suit, so my decent boat is 5.7m mac which owes me less than 20K. What price point are you thinking about?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:23am
yknot View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Let's get the pop corn and watch this, every boat is a compromise, and all our styles are different.. what I like does not suit your needs. Look at your budget, your style and how you use the boat. The look at boats, new and second-hand for the best fit.
Take your partner also to view and sea trial,
Good luck, let us know your decision
Those that say it can't be done are being overtaken by those doing it.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote OneWayTraffic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:48pm
OneWayTraffic View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Spearfishing? Rib or tiller pontoon. Low sides right? Unless you have the $$ to get a big boat with a boarding platform.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote B1g_Pun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:50am
B1g_Pun View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

You're gonna want a hard top Crips... It is cold down there. Maybe just go diving on really nice days  in summer?

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" William Shakespeare
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 3:56pm
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You know I only dive on sunny days with less than 5kn of wind B1g_Pun.

Ok so got a little more info on what the boss will let me spend now.
Budget is $45,000, prefer center console, would like to be able to solo launch and don't care what the missus thinks cause she aint coming out on it anyway.

Go hard or die trying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 4:06pm
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Don't want something too big because I'll never want to take it out with the price of petrol these days. Have been checking out the F16 e.m.p! and Stabicraft look like a nice vessel too.
Go hard or die trying.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JustAnotherSpearo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:57pm
JustAnotherSpearo View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

45k will get you something seriously nice!

Probably not in the brand new category given my folks are up in the 48k mark for their new 4.5m toy (very high spec for a 4.5m boat) but you get the point.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote e.m.p! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:19pm
e.m.p! View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mate of mine has the F16 with 90hp 4 stroke Honda. Takes on everything you throw at it and has a very similar layout as the stabi. He often launches by himself from the beach, as well as Makara stream. Can give you his number if you want a closer look.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Unclejake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:16pm
Unclejake View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Crippy Crippy wrote:

Don't want something too big because I'll never want to take it out with the price of petrol these days. .
91 octane is $3.40 per liter here. 

But yeah. Get the smallest boat that meets your needs. You'll simply use it more if you do.... but you know all that stuff. Good luck choosing brother. You deserve something awesome TBH

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Recluse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:22pm
Recluse View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi m8
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
Crippy View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Hi m9.

Bugger paying that for fuel UJ though I guess the commute is a pretty short one over there.
Go hard or die trying.