Net fishing Dunny Seat Award. November

Page  <1234>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 9:43am
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Phats Phats wrote:

What a shame, to devalue such a trophy for a sunburnt foot

Poor Builder, all that work to have it turned into nothing but the monthly Toilet seat award.....poor poor builder

I guess it was always going to the gutter once it went west

BOZ:  2 broken Rods
          Eats our fish
          Fails to share his Crays
          Leaves his dirty dishes behind
          Starts with B ........  

Duh ?

C'mon now Phats, a sunburnt foot clearly outweighs the above "incidents" Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 9:55am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What a shame, to devalue such a trophy for a sunburnt foot

Poor Builder, all that work to have it turned into nothing but the monthly Toilet seat award.....poor poor builder

I guess it was always going to the gutter once it went west

BOZ:  2 broken Rods
          Eats our fish
          Fails to share his Crays
          Leaves his dirty dishes behind
          Starts with B ........  

Duh ?

You should have employed the services of a good bush lawyer Clap
I would rather laugh with the Sinners, than cry with the Saints
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Peter da Squid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 10:09am
Peter da Squid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yes, then it would have ended up a right circus

good onya Phats, I have some lotion for that foot mate. Did your chin or eyes get burnt too?
Good for Nuthin
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 10:23am
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sir Billy and other estemmed judges...ummm...

why not save the DUNNY SEAT AWARD till after the xmas shindig as I am sure there will be much more worthy nomination(s) from said event?......is BlueMelMel coming? and remeber Bushpig is a front runner when alcohol is involved as well? Smudge will get a look in once ol salad fingers comes out to play? BA will give the double jepody clause a trial and no doubt Bender will step up to the mark with ease.

Lets face it the misdomeaners listed here are kinda lame.....I mean it's not like some idjit filled his deisel wagon up with 91 now is it?....broken rod? sun burnt foot? dish washing liquid on the BBQ.....bah humbug...

surely with the 'League of Extraordinary Muppets' we have assembled in this place it wouldn't be hard to find a more fitting recipient....

a round of tequila or two will see it won by someone or perhaps a joint ownership for a whole gaggle of muppets would ensue..

but at the end of the day it's your call Lord Hopalong....do what is just!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 10:44am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes the Christmas shindig? I think the award only applies to fishing events ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 10:46am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bushpig Bushpig wrote:

You should have employed the services of a good bush lawyer Clap

Why would I do that when I have a Lawyer like Packer on my side ?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boulder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 10:53am
Boulder View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yes the Christmas shindig? I think the award only applies to fishing events ?

Hush Bushpig snapper fishermen are talkingLOL

Note well only previous holders have the full copy of the rules as Billfish well knows.
He and I will discuss this later as_:

we are off to see the wizard
the wonderfull wizard of TAS
we,re off we,re off we,re off
to waste a whole lot more of our doshWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 5:44pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Just to throw a red herring's spanner in the works... I would just point out that, IMHO, a forum member who attends a night of drinking at a Forum Fishing Occasion two years in a row without casting a hook (one of the fishing variety anyway) should not in any way be overlooked.

Whilst some members were kind enough to stage fishing mishaps for our collective entertainment, they were, at least, fishing! Unlike one other member who, even if not seriously nominated, should at least be discussed.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 5:52pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

CEASE THE CHATTER!

The award WILL be presented on the 8th at Swashies.   It may transpire that recipient will hold the said trophy for but a short while as there may well be another worthy recipient after that chrismas forum event too - but that will be up to the new holder on the 8th to decide...and no one else.

Phats, did I ever tell you what a great guy you are?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 6:17pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hell so i missed out after
eating whale spoofDead
eating bloody curry raw.Confused
trying to run over 3 members who climbed trees.Clap
dry humping LB from behind.Wink
telling Bender he is a beautiful man.Big%20smile
giving bushy back $5 as he over paid.Shocked
wiping my bottom with bushies pillow case cause we ran out of paper.Embarrassed
abusing kids on the VHF.Angry
trying to get a shot of bender with a mouth full [go figure]Ouch
putting my clients onto the fish,Star

hell the list goes on i not complain i just have this nice wee outline of the seat i once held and i miss it dearly

dam you moderators dam youuuuuuuuuuuAngryAngryAngry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KeenAs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 7:22pm
KeenAs View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by The Beagle The Beagle wrote:

Just to throw a red herring's spanner in the works... I would just point out that, IMHO, a forum member who attends a night of drinking at a Forum Fishing Occasion two years in a row without casting a hook (one of the fishing variety anyway) should not in any way be overlooked.

Whilst some members were kind enough to stage fishing mishaps for our collective entertainment, they were, at least, fishing! Unlike one other member who, even if not seriously nominated, should at least be discussed.

Are you talking about Kaptain Kunikuninui te whare Kaiwaka??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2006 at 9:21pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

BA, for you my boy I'm extremely tempted to make an exception - but given that you were forum event organiser and since you are naturally just such an easy target it doesn't really seem right somehow.  Besides I really think you might enjoy it too much.   Lot of people to buy a round for so best let it be someone else eh.   Now silence in the court you muppet or I will change my mind. - er not that its made up yet - still time for a bottle of scotch Phats.

Chief Justice Wongnozzel
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 12:04am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Kiss my hairy white ass ya westy Gimp
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bushpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 7:53am
Bushpig View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Why would I do that when I have a Lawyer like Packer on my side ?

I think the answer to that question will come to you as you shout us all a round of drinks LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 8:08am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

as you shout us all a round of drinks LOL

And this would differ from normal how ?

No Issue with shouting, nor with receiving Trophy, hell to be fair I would like too, but for something worthy.

But if you queers want to turn it into just a boring old thing like the monthly toilet seat then go right ahead

Poor poor Builder

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 9:04am
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Originally posted by Blue Asparagus Blue Asparagus wrote:

hell so i missed out after
eating whale spoofDead
eating bloody curry raw.Confused
trying to run over 3 members who climbed trees.Clap
dry humping LB from behind.Wink
telling Bender he is a beautiful man.Big%20smile
giving bushy back $5 as he over paid.Shocked
wiping my bottom with bushies pillow case cause we ran out of paper.Embarrassed
abusing kids on the VHF.Angry
trying to get a shot of bender with a mouth full [go figure]Ouch
putting my clients onto the fish,Star

hell the list goes on i not complain i just have this nice wee outline of the seat i once held and i miss it dearly

dam you moderators dam youuuuuuuuuuuAngryAngryAngry

You'll never win the thing while you're telling such wholesome truths.
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SaltyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 10:12am
SaltyC View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Chief Justice Sir Horatio Wongnozzel Billfish,

I wish to file an Amicus brief as a “friend of the court”. I have always liked courts, all those nice straight white lines and some even have nets….hmmmm….nets…. but I digress.

It has come to my attention that we are in danger of  seeing a gross miscarriage of justice as not all the available acts of muppetry have been placed before the court to ensure such an erudite man as yourself can correctly evaluate the miscreants involved.

Two other acts of complete muppetry occurred on my fine vessel and until I had reached that state of mental clarity that can only be achieved once one has consumed the contents of a bottle of  that “eau de vie” that is distilled by the fine gentlemen from Islay, I did not connect said acts together and realise that they must both have been committed by a certain member of this forum who had the audacity to out fish me on my own vessel. Said “out fishing” has, of course, absolutely nothing to do with the preparation of this brief. No sir, nothing at all to do with it, although I must add that being outfished on the Friday was also in no way connected to my making sure that the none of the participants who fished from my vessel on subsequent days caught any quantity of  fish whatsoever. I am not a petty and vindicative man.

The forum member to whom I refer is, of course, the well known muppet Bender.

The first of the two events was the disappearance of a vital part of clamp used to attach my filleting board to the stern rail on my vessel to allow the filleting of the catch whilst remaining upright so as not to damage my back. Now, because said member, Bender, had the disrespect to catch more and larger fish than me, the skipper and owner of the vessel, I insisted that he fillet not only his own catch but also those paltry few fish I had managed to retrieve from the depths myself. I had the kindness to provide said member with my filleting board and thus save him from damaging his back by crouching in the cockpit whilst completeing this task.

On completion of the filleting he removed the apparatus from the rail and proceeded to the duck board to clean it. At this time the handle that allows the clamp to operate must have still been attached to said board. However on completion of the task of cleaning the board it was discovered that the handle was now missing and could not be found anywhere on the vessel.

Now, being the reserved gentleman that I am, I refrained from any outburst of anger or disappointment, and did not undertake a search of the the pockets and body cavities of Bender to ascertain whether he had simply been attracted to the nice shiny stainless steel handle and decided to avail himself of the opportunity to obtain a momento of his time aboard such a fine vessel as mine. I would never cast such an aspersion as to suggest that he deliberately removed said object. I can therefore only assume that the muppet managed to drop it overboard whilst washing it!

Now the second event was not discovered until the next day when one of my crew for that day, a certain Mr Craysee, attempted to avail himself of the ablution facilities on my vessel to evacuate the curry he had consumed the previous night. That curry was prepared by none other than the same forum member detailed above, Bender.

Mr Craysee managed, with some alacrity, to evacuate everything he had consumed in the previous 24 hours into the toilet on my vessel with such speed and power that he distroyed the receptacle completely and from that point forward the toilet ceased functioning at all.

Now, you, like me, may have been tempted to blame Mr Craysee for the results of his actions. BUT, after consuming 750 ml of  Islays finest malt last night, it became abundantly clear to me that it was the fault of the aforementioned Bender as he concocted a disastrous brew of such force that poor Mr Craysee was completely unable to control the “outcome”.

I therefore submit that when combined with the previous evidence supplied to your august person, it is readily apparent that this member, Bender, is the only logical recipient of  the award currently in your tender care.

I would just like to add that, in the true spirit of the Toilet Seat Award, I have not in any way allowed facts to cloud the evidence I have presented in this brief.

I remain your faithful servant

SaltyC Esq

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 10:21am
Phats View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bottle of Lambs on its way Satly  Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote billfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 12:34pm
billfish View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hmmmmmm.  Well put Salty.  I will have to consult with my peers on this matter.  Now that I think about it there may well be provisions within the deed of gift that permit the awarding of the Seat to a past holder for serious and blatant displays of Net Event muppetry.  Equally I'm sure I will find that there are provisions against awarding the trophy to graceless whingers.

As the current holder of THE SEAT I have the right to put the matter before the members for a vote.  And so I shall prepare a list of the accused together with a summary of the evidence for and against them.  I shall lay it before you all on the night and let you decide.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 12:54pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Oh no! An unforeseen volley from left field.

I submit Good Sir William, that Mr Salty is, in fact, trying to stitch me up.

As you know Oh Learned One, that one must prove motive in these matters. You can ask why would I throw his clamp screw overboard. Of course I would not, considering I was enjoying his hospitality at the time.

Would I deliberately concoct a curry so foul as to render his dunny inoperable. Of course not - it was intended to render Blue Asparagus bungole inoperable.

No Sir William, I fear Mr SC has gotten wind of my visit to his wife while he was just 650ml into the recently consumed bottle of scotch. I have been taking lessons from your fellow learned friend Mr P D Squid in this regard.

Therefore it cannot be construed as a forum-quorum, fishing related event and is therefore not eligible for the dunny seat.

I say give it to him for even trying!
Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Page  <1234>