Navionics markers, public? Help please.

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:13am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep .. just checked the web map.. thats it  Thumbs Up

The marker I know marks to just your synced navionics

So going to the Plus and hiding the above makes public
 Thank V8

Canceled the river, swell down but breeze increases a little and from the west.. make a bit of a stressful re entry over the bar...most would still I go... nah dont need the 'challenge' for a few fish.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 9:43am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Well done Steps
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote MATTOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 5:11pm
MATTOO View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Seriously guys.
Put your thinking caps on.

Navionics is not going to put up someone's reference to a rock on a navigational tool ( not to be used for navigation) unless it is on a legitimate chart or survey.
I suggest you think that through.

There happy to put up fishing spots, that's harmless info that makes there tool have more eyes.

If it's a serious issue, harbour board as you've tried and the maritime boards of charts and maps.
Can't remember there name.

If it's actually important, they'll do something about it.
Just cruising in my now sweetas pimped out Southern 755 HT0!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 6:15pm
Titahi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Notify LINZ, they provide mapping data to 3rd parties who bundle it up and on sell it. 
LINZ = cartographers/bathyscopic makers for NZ maps
"I love standing by the ocean and just knowing what its for"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 6:18pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by MATTOO MATTOO wrote:

Seriously guys.
Put your thinking caps on.

Navionics is not going to put up someone's reference to a rock on a navigational tool ( not to be used for navigation) unless it is on a legitimate chart or survey.
I suggest you think that through.

There happy to put up fishing spots, that's harmless info that makes there tool have more eyes.

If it's a serious issue, harbour board as you've tried and the maritime boards of charts and maps.
Can't remember there name.

If it's actually important, they'll do something about it.
exactly what I posted page 1.if it was possible then any clown would be able to move markers etc

Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 8:19pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

OK. it's not a biggie. I've run aground in a similar area as have 100's of others. Steps did something about it though.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 8:25am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Now back to the actual subject, making a mark public..

I mentioned that garmin now owns navionics and think C map.
 I have got the rock marked within a few meter to maybe even spot on.. publically

Im wondering if any have c map or garmin maps on apps and gps units, newly updated in the last day also have the marker when zoom right in.

Im not sure if this link will work to show the marker in the center.. It does when I open it..

https://webapp.navionics.com/?ticket=ST-1493511625rNKBQNGYg0-pXbHduqG#boating@14&key=dd%7CbFogpi%60%40
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Steps Steps wrote:

Now back to the actual subject, making a mark public..

I mentioned that garmin now owns navionics and think C map.
 I have got the rock marked within a few meter to maybe even spot on.. publically

Im wondering if any have c map or garmin maps on apps and gps units, newly updated in the last day also have the marker when zoom right in.

Im not sure if this link will work to show the marker in the center.. It does when I open it..

https://webapp.navionics.com/?ticket=ST-1493511625rNKBQNGYg0-pXbHduqG#boating@14&key=dd%7CbFogpi%60%40

Yup. Think I found it.
Noted as "Tree or Rock", (Always under water (0.2m)".
Modified by "Navionics user.
Date 9/01/2022 20:55:49.
It appears I was correct, it can be done for the benefit of the Navionics community.
I remember being correct once before.
About three decades ago. LOL
I do not think it would be applied to the official maps as it is probably only community software that allows this for other users.
It also shows you need to use the "add" button" and not the "marker" button for the community to see it.
I also do not believe it is at all possible to move or edit marks et al on the official maps.
Take care.
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 12:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

PCJ, drop it please or you'll be in the slammer for a couple of weeks. I've hidden seral posts that don't add value.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

yep thats it V8

A few yrs back, think still would be there from chatting to other members at the time, just as you enter the Maraetai club breakwater,  take a slightly to the left route as turn in towards the ramps pontoons, is/ was another bloody rock easy to clip..
Went in and out there for yrs, then one day real busy, boats banked up , clipped that one as well when tide was towards the low end.

Clipped a small rock after a long drift outgoing thru the  man o war bay shallows, top end .. but hey we where in less than 1 m on a low tide, just a rolling rock on the bottom of the beach...Wink

Counted up the number 20L 2 s  pails been thru in  last 7 or 8 yrs.. 7  go thru around 1L per 50L fuel, give or take a little And do on ave about 1.15 to 1.2L per mile.. Doesnt help  nearly opening up (around the 50mph) flat water up or down waiheke ..Wink
 Thats a lot miles  you guys work it out.. around coastlines , shallows, right up inside places like scully, out the other side etc.
 Been upinto every tiny gut  often down to less than 4m wide from garden bay around to hooks.. plus shag rock, just to name a few.

And those are the rocks only ever clipped and only just in gear.. .. and only 1 marked thu the earlier should be.
 Rocks under water at the beach, nah too many Wink

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 5:20am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

C-Map is unlikely to have it. They're owned by Navico, which is the Simrad, Lowrance B&G group.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:33am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah wasnt sure about Cmap.. tried the apps etc quite a while back, didnt like it was bit primitive back then ... doesnt mean to say still is thu
And was default card in my lowrance also..

Heard back from Nanioncs/ garmin ..  they sent link to instructions, asked for screen shot area ...
Sent reply back....  sorted how to and screen shot of marker and surrounding general  area  (shouldnt have explain the last bit....) which they asked for to investigate bit further.
And the co ordinates.

Been looking at some other community edits for few yrs now, fishing spots, a couple 'rocks' that have been marked over the yrs....
Its noticeable that many are quite off position... in saying that , they come up on the screen, see them, and if take notice, and have a bit of common sence.
Look closer, proceed with some caution, stay away if need be, and if do need to negotiate closer, espec rocks they are in the middle of a reef anyway..not to be an idiot
Page  <12