FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Naki report

Page  <1 172173174
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:32am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yes great day out there Shad      Love your new, top secret kingi weapon.     Good on you doing the R&D while we were sleeping at the wheel!!!!!!!   After several of your hook ups I called out on the radio: "what is this guy doing that I cant?"

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:39am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Come to think I have read somewhere that this is the rig some of the top yak hunters are using in South Africa for trolling for pelagics.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 10:47am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

OK I found the article but note that these guys were using doubles instead of trebles?   What to you recon is better?     Braid or mono?   

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 3:05pm
shad View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Herb what I was doing right was getting my rod tip to vibrate, telling me that the Chinese made lure that you gave me was tracking right. Thumbs Up
LOVE THE FREEDOM

SHAD
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:11pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Every lure has got a sweet spot.
Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 8:30pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

There are currently lots of snapper off the port.      I got a bin full in 30m with a few gurnard and KW to top it off.    

Cheers

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Good snapper and gurnard just outside the port

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote White snake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2018 at 9:45pm
White snake View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers for the report rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ripples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:41am
ripples View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi all, just to flag with ya'll in the Naki our Eastern BOP annual kayak fishing comp will be held later in the year for 2019. The date set down is Saturday the 4th May as usual with the briefing the night before at the Whakatane Sports Fishing Club. The reason for the later date for the comp is a better chance of settled weather and the fishing is way better. This will be our 10th comp and we are looking at making it the best ever with input from all our main sponsors. Details of categories and prizes will be out soon. A new section for the biggest snapper over 60cm (catch & release) will be included.
Further enquiries contact me or send e mail.

Jeff Symonds
President EBOP Kayak Fishing Club
Page  <1 172173174