Naki report

Page  <1 23456 180>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 7:42pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Snuck off to WC today for a late morning fish, water was like glass. On launching I could see the stump or boulder that had tossed me out of the yak the day before, so I made a mental note not to land there again. Paddled out and dropped anchor about 10.20 and had a double hit on the ledger as it hit the bottom. This continued with every drop with only fish over 33cm going in the bin. By 11.40 I had a full house of snaps and a gurnard so it was time to up anchor and head in. surf was minor, however visions of the previous day were still clear in my mind.  The beach to the right of the boulder was litterd with swimmers oblivious to the danger that lurked. (Nakimans green barge) To avoid seeing how many swimmers I could fit in the yak, I decided to land to the left, where slightly bigger surf was forming. A bit of careful judging and a nice wave was caught. Sitting on top, 20m, 30m, alls going well, look towards the beach and spy someone standing there videoing my landing. Starting to slide off the back of the wave, a couple of quick paddles, lean forward, yes back on top. Oops too far, round sideways, but that's OK, the barge comes in sideways fine. THUMP!! Yes you guessed it I found another bl**dyAngryCryThumbs%20DownDead rock and over I go. Flip the Yak over and notice that some Barst*d forget to latch the chilly bin lidEmbarrassedClown. Not a fish left in itThumbs%20Down. However dead fish float, so there I was, tripping over rocks diving for fish, surfacing and tossing them up on the beach and all this is being videoedEmbarrassed. Managed to retrieve 8 snapps

Nubee - Stop laughingLOL 

NM
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

"I have a lot of very large problems"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 11:19pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL What makes you think im laughing? just because I got in without any trouble (yes me) bang on low tide as well!

Go fishing or visit the mother in law!! What does she look like again?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MtBadfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 11:22pm
MtBadfish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

You need a fish stringer mate!
I've did that one time and it was bad enough to make me get one. Luckily nobody filmed mine though
Still, sounds like a nice morning fishing!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2007 at 11:26pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Mtbadfish, I do have a fish stringer but only use it when the chilly is full - Ijust forgot to latch it. I wish I had been on the shore laughing as it must have looked funny
The solution to any problem - work, money, love, whatever - is to go fishing - the worse the problem the longer the fishing trip should be.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 10:57am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

NM

You are getting quite good at this rock hopping.   When is the film coming out????? 

Losing your catch is bad enough losing one's sense of humour would be worse.     Good on you for seeing the funny side and doing your bit to entertain the locals.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 6:40pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I would pay to see that videoBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wondaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 8:25pm
wondaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Nubee,  I saw the live show with the green Titanic going down on saturday.  What a sight!!!!ClapLOL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote deanoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 8:35pm
deanoo View Drop Down
New User
New User

Hi all
That sort of thing always happens when there is people watching a Naki Man. I got the long line out last night and got dumped big time coming back in, only to get washed up on the beach to a big group of people laughing at me. Its called caracter building. 
Sory i didnt get bake to you men about coming up, My better half needed the ute. I had got the dates wrong( im a week behind) never mind tho. Sounds as tho the fishing was mint cant wait to come up.
Do you ever head out in the evenings i think it would be easyer for me to find were to go in day light as i have only been to NP a cupple of times. I get the odd day off during the week if any one goes out then.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2007 at 9:01pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

You guys are hurting my feelings, I'm a sensitive guyShockedWink

Worst thing was, it wasn't even a big wave. Just got caught up in the hole movie star thingCoolWinkLOL

Hey wondaboy, was that the bottom of your yak I saw on SaturdayWink. It's OK I won't tell anyone

NM

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 7:46am
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wondaboy, you lucky thing you
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wondaboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 12:25pm
wondaboy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

naki man, your'e right it was the bottom of my yak- remember that wave you saw me ride in on - above you,  before you kissed the sand!!!CryClap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 5:43pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

If it is any consolation NM next time it might be us who bite the sand, literally.

Out this mornig from NP (where ever that is, Nubee)  for 15 carrots, 12 snaps, 2KY and one English mackerel.

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 7:07pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Please leave the English Mackerel alone! It takes us Pom's ages to get hereWink

Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 8:09pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I shall call them Bue Mackerel if that makes you less home sick.    Much as I avoid Pommy bashing  I do knock every EM on the head since they make one of the very best snapper bait.   Sorry, YF a man's got to do what a man's got to do.         

A commercial fisher I know gets a 90% long line hook up rate on salted Blue Mackerel but only about 50% on anything else.    You can't argue with guys who are making a living from the sea.     They cant sell bullsheit.

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 9:14pm
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Now now Rainbow, careful on the pommey themeShocked Np is bigger then the port and wc is close enough for me regardless of what car you driveExclamationThumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Prop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 9:25pm
Prop Man View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Rainbow, NZ is my home!!!!
Have you or anyone else used these Mackerel and how do they rate against pilchard, do they stay on better (being Pommey)??Wink
Just found out that the batch we are staying at over the week end up at Houhora is on the harbour side of the penninsula and close to the entrance. Getting all excited now!!!
Cheers 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Naki man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2007 at 11:42pm
Naki man View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nubee. Cricky I thought you were Australian mateLOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nubee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 6:04am
nubee View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Dont think I'll be allowed to go there for a whileCry perhaps I could start up a cricket clubWink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 11:34am
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

YF All I can tell you is what I have learned from the best commercial guy in NP.    If they can get them they use nothing else on their long lines.   

Yes, when salted and cubed they stay on better than skippies or pilchards.

Now, when you are at Houhora target the kingies that regularly come into the harbour.   Some years back I saw them pack chase the bait fish right up the harbour wall.     Awesome sight.    I only had a surf casting rod loaded with 20 pound mono and cut everyone I hooked off on the oysters.   

They come into the harbour with the tide.     You will see the locals lining up at the right time.

Rainbow

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hard-Yakka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 11:38pm
Hard-Yakka View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Bad luck nakiman.....the tip in front of peeps always makes me a little red :D
I havent been able to get out since slipping my disc, but my first trip will be to the surf to practice the incomings ( no gear onboard of course! ).
Page  <1 23456 180>