My Collection

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Collection
    Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 8:00am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Well seeing there is not a lot of action in this section, thought I would post a few shots of the lures I have accumalated over the last 6 months, and several hundred $$$. Still waiting for my first fish off a hard body, but am determined to make it work.

Rapalas...

Sebile Lures....

Very happy with the Sebile lures, they ar definately a quality product, now just need some fish to repay my investment Embarrassed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:17am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Brown Dog the right hand side of the rapala's third one down the blue one. What model is that?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:20am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hey Muppet, "Rapala Deep Tail Dancer" Balsa construction and has a trolling depth of 30 feet.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 9:51am
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Sweet you get them here in NZ if so where from....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 10:03am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Some of those sebiles must have come from offshore.... I have been trying to get them here but they ain't bringing them all in! :-)
I am hoping to get one or two of the real deep diving sebiles soon, 60ft jobbies. That could be very interesting.

Oh, Brown Dog, the rapala lures, are some of them with bronzed hooks? They may be a bit light for saltwater fishing here mate, perhaps look at re-rigging with small....maybe owner trebles or something? little size 1/0 owners or something? The light bronze hooks are OK for fresh water, but in salt they are just "instarust".
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 10:14am
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks for the tip Capt, all but 2 of the Rapalas have bronze hooks, apart from rusting any other problems or are they just too light?? Thought the Max Raps where set up for Salt Water, no rusting on any of the hooks yet.

Max Raps and Saltwater Xraps all bought on Ebay, think I got the Rapala Deep Tail Dancer on Trade Me. Scored 2 x Sebile Koolie Minnow & 2 x Slim Sticks + 2 x poppers for $50 on Trade Me!! (killer deal). Magic Swimmers bought in NZ, got the 1.5ounce from FCO and the pink 3/4 on Trade Me.

Any more advice and tips welcome. thought the Max Raps where set up for Salt Water
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Potty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2013 at 10:37am
Potty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Brown Dog - Thats a nice collection of Cuda candy!
Love fishing, love my job. It's a bloody shame that they clash.