Moirs hill Puhoi

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PoorMANfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moirs hill Puhoi
    Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 1:50pm
PoorMANfisher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Anybody ever been for a look in here? I applied for a permit months ago and completely forgot until it turned up last week.
Seeing as its still the holidays i might take my 7 year old for a bush walk. Any thoughts? 

Hopefully it's a mean spot and my private messenger goes insane.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 2:42pm
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Moirs Hill, where exactly is that..?

You going in for pigs or Fallow, knife or gun?

Good luck
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 5:16pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I,ve been in there thick as **** ,saw a few goats and managed to knock over a small pig, we turned left at the Road before you go down the hill and crossed some Cockys Farm.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 5:52am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Interesting to see it wasn't on DOC's North Auckland hunting sites yesterday, perhaps because this new motorway is going to be heading that way... still will be interested to hear what it's like...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot    
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PoorMANfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 2:56pm
Silver
Silver

I rode up and had a look the other day. From the road it looked real thick. There was a car there and i assumed they were hunting so i didn't go in. Going to take my sks when i head up. I've been told 7.62x39 is a good goat round and they are cheap.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote catch1t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:49pm
catch1t View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Have your wits about you mate, good chance you'll see more than goats around there...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lemmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:10pm
lemmy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

The best blocks are Mount Auckland and Omaha State forest through D.O.C Warkworth,yep the 7.62x39 is a great round and love my SKS,s ,that military ammo is not the best though had one roll around or ricochet after shooting a goat broadside entered just below the spine rolled around the rib cage and landed in the bush quite close to us vowed never to use that cheap stuff again after that. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PoorMANfisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 8:21pm
Silver
Silver

I was told they don't issue permits for Mt Auckland because it was part of a treaty settlement. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:18pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:37pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Pro Fish Pro Fish wrote:

Shed loads of pigs in Moirs and i have recent footage of piglets and a pissed off sow just before the Pohuehue sign there on left right next to SH1 bridge going over ( you'll see rooting all around here )
Only one thing wrong with Moirs though - the control freak Ranger there.

Yeah but that's private land behind that road verge go in there and your doggy will get shot
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:40pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Smile 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 9:41pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Smile

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hogdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 10:03pm
hogdog View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Pro Fish Pro Fish wrote:

@ Hogdog...
Only a dork would run his dogs near a road like that...
Pigs move around though last time i checked so get in there where ya can...

Plenty try to there
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ARAZMUS01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 3:14pm
ARAZMUS01 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

iv never heard of the place to be honest,wheres that place??