Million Dollar Catch - what rubbish

Page  <123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 7:37pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

I far preferred watching Anna Hutchison displaying her assets on Underbelly. The words fetching, and pert, very very pert, spring to mind. Now that's good TV.  Clap

Nobody has ever come up with a great idea after a second bottle of water.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 9:14pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

impeccable even!! Thumbs%20Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 10:27pm
Carbine View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Do they not show private screenings to people before going to air or anything? commentary was really ****y and im not going out of my way to watch it again - if it wasn't such a blatant crap rip of DC then i would but its a NZ show make it a NZ show not some scaremonger commentator Shiite
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:00am
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The footage is quite interesting, but by all that is holy, can't they od a quick re-write of the commentary, get someone that is not a total eedjit?
The clips of the mako beside the boat and saying such a fish is gonna have a go at a paua diver is just so ludicrous, it was pathetic.

Anyone know where you can buy seasons 2,3 and 4 of Deadliest catch on DVD? The warehouse had season one for a while (got it! Kewl), but there havve been no follow up releases of the later series yet.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote !!BLUFF!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:34pm
!!BLUFF!!! View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

So you guys make **** up by editing? You really never catch that many fish in one day? Boy your audience is going to be pissed Evil%20Smile

How do u know? i know.

Riteo u peices of critisizing feicie, probably go out on you wee fizz boats ever month and think u know everything about fishing.  i admit the show is generaly over dramatized, but the details stated are 100% correct (catch / weather) .  What u got to realize is that deadliest has been done!! it is in a documentery format on discovery channel, million dollar catch is in a diferent format to target people of all interest, realize that 90% of nz sit in cubicles 9-5 they probably enjoy seeing that side of nz, but u losers on a fishing website that think u know it all but actually know very little have nothing better to to but rubbish something that little nz has produced with a small budget and try to comare it with an american funded deadliest catch?? we all know dedliest catch is in a different leage so stop posting comment go outside and find yourself somrthing else to do and stop acting like u know everything because u know F u c k all.  come jump on a cray boat then u deserve to post comments. absolute typical know itt alls.

I admit the mako thing was so c r a p, dont blame the fisherman tho. 
what do you guys do for a job eh?? should we start up a we blog about your job??  tit puller? suit and tie auck buisnessman? who knows/cares but try speaking from experience before speaking s h it.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote !!BLUFF!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 4:50pm
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

keep taking your medication please......are you sure Hellfish wasn't really your brother-dad-uncle-cousin??

silly inbred!!

silly imbred u reckon??

what a sad life u must live, did u feel quite strong posting that comment safely tucked away behind your computer?

Im not going to tell u to get a life because u dont need a new one, u must be a real cool and an awesome person posting critisizing and demorilizing comments about people you dont know.  i dont know you so let me give it a try because i want to be a stauch and tuff cu-nt like u.  Umm  well fu-ck u ya um fat???  slobbish, know it all peice of sh-it, sitting there behind your computer feeling your mana growing from posting comments on a webpage, just before or after jerking your self off because u got nothin better to do..... did that work?? well it didnt make me feel tough any way.  it actualy made me feel like a loser... like i has slipped down to your level or something...

Be ashamed

Goes for all u dum asses

G E T     A     L I F E

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kezza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:00pm
Kezza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

dude...that "silly inbred' comment wasn't aimed at you or your crew, it was aimed at my good mate Bushpig and a very typical sort of exchange between him and myself...that is just how we roll and the sort of thing I'd happily say to his face and do!!

......no offense intended your way at all, so appologies if it was taken that way.....what you guys do is awesome......getting paid to do something you love doing.....wicked and keep it up!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:20pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey BLUFF, I've been on a cray boat out of Jacksons Bay and I know what it's like.
I've posted on how bad the commentary was and that's all anyone has done here.
If I thought anyone here didn't have respect for the crayfishermen, Captains and Crew, I would have said something about it.
I reckon the actual footage is pretty good. Just need the Mute on is all.
Don't be so sensitive!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wefaknis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:23pm
Wefaknis View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I'm liking this thread....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:27pm
Tzer View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jayce I take it your one of the crew on the show perhaps you need to retact some of what you spout on about. I may have to reread some of the posts above but I dont think these guys are having a go at yourself or the others for that matter but more the producers of such show. Take it from me I left school half way through 5th form to go commercial fishing, its all I wanted to do before getting out for personal reasons, so I know just what kind of conditions you put up with to earn a buck and the risks involved. I have fished here in NZ and overseas and in some the worst conditions mother nature can throw at you. Even for me I have found the show over dramatised in certain segments, such as the shark piece, even the deadliest catch had its share of dramatisation, (I actually missed an opportunity to go to Alaska in the early 80's) but the million dollar catch is still a good insight to the working life of a commercial fisherman and some of the hard cases involved in the industry.
My son currently crayfishes here on the East Coast and is perhaps one of the new breed of young fisherman replacing the old dogs from yesteryear. In the meantime keep doing what your doing and stay safe.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Uncle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 5:28pm
Uncle View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Bluff, that's pretty strong stuff especially as you just joined.
Anyways, welcome aboard.

From my perspective, I think what the guys are on about is the over the top commentary that causes the cringe factor.
Most seem to think the footage is great, as I do.
When the first episode was screened, I invited a mate to come & watch as he did a couple of seasons fishing from South Westland in a 16' Sharkcat.
He laughed his tits off at the stupidity of the narator but reckoned the footage was bang on.
He watched episode 2 but called it a day at that stage.
Reckoned it was too much to take.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 6:30pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

I take back what I said about the crews being real people. Some are obviously complete dickheads.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote tugboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:49pm
tugboat View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by !!BLUFF!!! !!BLUFF!!! wrote:

Originally posted by Kezza Kezza wrote:

keep taking your medication please......are you sure Hellfish wasn't really your brother-dad-uncle-cousin?? silly inbred!!

what a sad life u must live, did u feel quite strong posting that comment safely tucked away behind your computer?
Im not going to tell u to get a life because u dont need a new one, u must be a real cool and an awesome person posting critisizing and demorilizing comments about people you dont know.  i dont know you so let me give it a try because i want to be a stauch and tuff cu-nt like u.  Umm  well fu-ck u ya um fat???  slobbish, know it all peice of sh-it, sitting there behind your computer feeling your mana growing from posting comments on a webpage, just before or after jerking your self off because u got nothin better to do..... did that work?? well it didnt make me feel tough any way.  it actualy made me feel like a loser... like i has slipped down to your level or something...
G E T     A     L I F E

That'll be in the herald on sunday!! rough seas, stanch boats, my kinda program!!

p.s was a bit rude kezz i think bushy deserves an apology
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote !!BLUFF!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:24pm
Bronze
Bronze

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

I take back what I said about the crews being real people. Some are obviously complete dickheads.

dont start please.

Yeah i agree with yas on the comentary thing. seems like i misunderstood and sory 4 going over the top.

Have a gr8 day people
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:43pm
Bender View Drop Down
Life Member
Life Member

Fair enough Bluff. It was only the commentary that got on my nerves - I thought the footage, the fishing and the people were great (with some questionmarks over the dude eating the raw occy sandwich - I've tasted those things and it's not something I'd go back for a second time).

I'd suggest a group hug but after spending time on boats with Kezza I am suspicious of man love.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Little Buddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 6:19pm
Little Buddy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

awesome show, hopefully it gets a 1 hour slot instead of a measly half hour!!!Big%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Donald Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 9:50pm
Donald Duck View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by !!BLUFF!!! !!BLUFF!!! wrote:

Originally posted by Bender Bender wrote:

dont start please.

Yeah i agree with yas on the comentary thing. seems like i misunderstood and sory 4 going over the top.

Have a gr8 day people

Good on yer mate (give that man a Speights).
Not an easy thing to do and more power to ya.

Hope you stick around, some nice ppl here... there are others too but they don't take long to spot!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote batfastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 2:28pm
batfastard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

bluff .you make my stomch turn,what gives you the right to come on a web site and speak to or about people you no nothing about.ive pm you and you will not give me any contact details so i can hop on a plane and have a wee chat.wheres your bottle gone tv star big mouth !!!!!!!!!!!
As my wife catches bigger fish than me, does that make me a bad fisherman or a great skipper.......
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 2:53pm
A C View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Stuck at home like me Mike ? - bloody rain.
Aye-Aye cloth eyes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote batfastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2009 at 3:53pm
batfastard View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah mate.....almost run out of threads to read as well
As my wife catches bigger fish than me, does that make me a bad fisherman or a great skipper.......
Page  <123>