Milky White Flesh in Snapper - Update

Page  <1 789
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:05pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

I’ve just finished filleting the fish I caught today, 1 white and completely mush 2 others thin and borderline. I have been fishing the lower firth all summer where’s there plenty of food, mussel farm pipi and cockle bed and a rāhui on shellfish from the local iwi along most of the Thames coast and I haven’t caught a white filet fish yet. Having said that I don’t tend to catch the large amount of small fish like I out in the gulf.

Today like most days this year using micro jigs I was catching so many small fish I was nearly sick of them. I would have thrown back 50 no problem.

So I think it is a food problem, I recon this all started when they increased the size limit, I have fished the gulf for 40 years and I have never seen so many small fish this year.
Small fish started about early february on the opposite side of firth,had 1 gurnard soft/mush and yesterday 1 32cm milky,waiheke farm holding lots of undersize. Not convinced on food problem in farms,thinking micro plastics? seen lots of those beads around
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lawabidingpoacher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:34pm
lawabidingpoacher View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Different angle , there must be tons of that **** out there now ...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:04pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Got 1 milky snapper today and took note of gut content,still had roe water still hovering around 17.8c
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phoenix_Protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:06pm
Phoenix_Protocol View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

so what was the roe content?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:12pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Phoenix_Protocol Phoenix_Protocol wrote:

so what was the roe content?
have another read gut had roe.what the  do you think roe is
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phoenix_Protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:23pm
Phoenix_Protocol View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

oops sorry buddy i meant to say what was gut content of milky fleshed snapper OuchWacko
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:38pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Phoenix_Protocol Phoenix_Protocol wrote:

oops sorry buddy i meant to say what was gut content of milky fleshed snapper OuchWacko
still having row at this time of year,can only go to spoil?
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:51pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Today 14 snapper for zero white flesh. Just had the one milky one last week out of many trips in Bream Bay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 7:13am
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

10 snaps 7 gurnard out of bream bay and happy to say no milkies.  Been a while to get a zero milky catch 

The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Big -Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 8:38pm
Big -Dave View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

20 snapper over the weekend, Colville.. no milky ones
you can't fix an idiot with duct tape, but it does muffle them for a while...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote brmbrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 9:45pm
brmbrm View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No milky snaps off Tutukaka for me in months and months - can't rememebr the last one
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 7:21am
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

21 snapper on the weekend between 4 of us on the firth and no milky filets.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mc Tool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2024 at 10:32am
Mc Tool View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

No milky snapper in Riverton  either Smile
I wish I was young again .... Id be heaps smarter than this time
Page  <1 789