Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 288289290291>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 6:19pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Fortunately I've never had thieves break into my vehicle, but I will be vigilant.  It's sad to see Weymouth become the sh!thole it's become now.  
Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2024 at 7:06pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Fished up to high tide this afternoon, nothing but skinny kahawai for most of the afternoon then just before dusk it was all on. Ended with 8 snapper all over 45 , 4 over 50cm
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 9:08pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Schecter Schecter wrote:

Fortunately I've never had thieves break into my vehicle, but I will be vigilant.  It's sad to see Weymouth become the sh!thole it's become now.  

It can happen anywhere  but thankfully it's not too regular here. At least out this way we know where most of the meth heads live.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2024 at 9:09pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Tonto2 Tonto2 wrote:

Fished up to high tide this afternoon, nothing but skinny kahawai for most of the afternoon then just before dusk it was all on. Ended with 8 snapper all over 45 , 4 over 50cm

That's a decent catch Tonto
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2024 at 5:50pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Anyone been out lately

I did Titirangi last week, water very cold on the incoming 13deg at the ramp & 14.2 from mid tide up.
Nothing on the banks & zero sign coming thru on the sounder, went in close, got kahawai in the bin.
Spoke with others saying only in close for kahawai

Today, went in search of holes & gutters for a future gurnard sesh, around Kaitarakihi to Huia, found some for next time Water temp for the outgoing was a balmy 15 at the ramp & 16.4 while out there..... only got undersize & a skunking for my efforts.... not happy eh
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tonto2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2024 at 7:40pm
Tonto2 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Afternoon fish hoping for some more big snaps. But ,......nothing😔
slowly going where everyone else has already been
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2024 at 9:45pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

I was out this morning from about 8.30 until 12 and got 5 good carrots and 1 ky. We were fishing up towards the end of Ropers.
Oh what a smasher - two eggs and a rasher!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 4:13pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking going out Saturday,midday. Is the weed still a problem??Waiuku channel looking for some gurnard,snapper have been tiresome in the household.
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 4:18pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I was hopping to stay at the cabin at Clarks this long weekend, but not gonna happen. Will checkout Weymouth this weekend and see what’s around.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2024 at 5:48pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm hoping to head out on Sunday for a gurnard seeking mission ahead of the Grunter Hunter. I'll be on Ch 5 if anyone wants some intel. I have absolutely no problems with sharing my spots and I'll be quite happy to share locations that are working or otherwise. Hopefully I'll have Skoti on board but IF I do head out Sunday I will have a spot on my boat if anyone is keen.  Three is a good number to fish on my boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2024 at 4:57pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes we went out,left Te toro about 9.00 and back at 2.30 as cooled down to quick  as sw  raise to 10knt  . No weed in Waiuku or Ropers but found it on incoming  up by the airport,fished in 2m to 20m for same result nil. Finally got 1 snapper late 30s and 1 gurnard 35cm off matakawau ramp in 5m near the shore.Good just to be out.
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hookski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 3:32pm
Hookski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I was out for the same time yesterday, fishing my normally very reliable carrot spots in the wairopa channel, but only 1 carrot in the bin and a ridiculous number of kahawai thrown back.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 4:31pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Rumours have it,weymouth below the ramp was the place to of been. Never know where the buggers hang out.
"Times up"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 6:07pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Fished in Ropers this morning from 9 - 11 for 4x carrots. Bit windy but not too bad
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Schecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 6:32pm
Schecter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for the heads up guys. I’ll give it a crack tomorrow morning.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hookski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 7:26pm
Hookski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Good to hear that the carrots are arriving in numbers. Where is "Ropers" as its not on any of my charts? Cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:30pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Hookski Hookski wrote:

Good to hear that the carrots are arriving in numbers. Where is "Ropers" as its not on any of my charts? Cheers.

No it isn't marked on the charts. It runs more or less parallel to the Waiuku Channel on the eastern side. It goes from the Papakura Channel almost to a place  known as Camp Morley on the eastern end of Clark's Beach
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Hookski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:47pm
Hookski View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Smudge
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DIY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:57pm
DIY View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Don’t tell anyone,but this is where I go, shhh

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FlawOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:57pm
FlawOne View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

We were out today over the turn of the low. Slow going on the Gurnard front with short bite times and timid takes. A little bit of patience rewarded us with 8 Grunters from the Papakura shallows and the tail of Ropers. No potential winners amongst them but promising to see them hanging around at our usual spots.

How did you get on Smudge?
Inner City Slayers.
Page  <1 288289290291>