FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manukau Harbour & West Coast fishing

Page  <1 187188189190191 198>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thanks Club-Matt.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 4:00pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by fish-feeder fish-feeder wrote:

over the bar,right in front of hamiltons gap at maybe the 30-40mtr mark.In saying that ive nailed some big snaps only 1-2km off the beach with my kite,which would most likely be in around 10mtrs of water. For gurnard try straight off matakawau ramp,maybe 400mtrs out.

Yep Number 6 marker is fishing well for Gurnard too & their hitting baby squid on the hook at the moment in big numbers! Recurve 4/0 Mustard Demons are the flavour at the moment. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:35am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Thanks for this info Fish- feeder.Will go out when weather is good.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish-feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:10am
fish-feeder View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

over the bar,right in front of hamiltons gap at maybe the 30-40mtr mark.In saying that ive nailed some big snaps only 1-2km off the beach with my kite,which would most likely be in around 10mtrs of water. For gurnard try straight off matakawau ramp,maybe 400mtrs out.
dont get my personality mixed up with my attitude,my personality is me,my attitude depends on you.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snapper12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2013 at 9:00am
Snapper12 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hi Guys any one here can please share some good fishing places in the manukau harbour and also over the bar.Havent fished in these waters.Also what would the best tide to cross the bar.

thanks
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cirrus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:54pm
cirrus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

nice report. and nice to see smiles and to see john out there fishing. Was  that a gurnard i saw. Are there still a few around.? Thought they may have moved out by this time of year.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 10:36pm
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Their were some nice fat Sea Trout in the harbor last week as John Moran and myself discovered.
Landing some nice big ones, it was noted how half the time the fish were Broaching out of water and taking out line {  just like mini marlins we reckon } So we had a good morning out on the salt
only just managed to get the buggers in the dish washer!! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Skoti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 1:39pm
Skoti View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looks yummy Gerald Thumbs Up
I AM THE BEAST ! !
Check out Manukau Harbour Fishing on FaceBook
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Club Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 6:25am
Club Matt View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Tongue Yep K Y running well yesterday so I managed to get the smoke house cranked up with a few coldies while I was waiting!! Small snapper just starting to show up now so might head into shallow water next time out to stop the plague harassing the baits!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:50pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

No that wasn't me Kevin, those people came and anchored up about 50m away from me and about 30 mins later I packed up and went home (around 3pm I think?), but yeah that was the spot I was fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 7:57am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by coxie coxie wrote:

Awesome catch CJ, lets hope theres more of these bigger model snapper around as things get warmer.

Kevin - All of those fish bar 1 gurnard were caught straight out from Matakawau boat ramp.

Was was you in the white hardtop then (nice boat).  I said you must be catching well there as we passed on our way back as you were there when we went out and still in the same spot when we went home.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:32pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats cool bro.. will cu guys in couple of days time.. just getting over jetlag.. lol.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:28pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

thanks coxie.

kingfishers, not much fishing lately. since your back in nz we are apparently planning a trip out from whitianga.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingfishers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:25pm
kingfishers View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Good catch bro.. Hows things?? Hw has fishing been in last few months??
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote coxie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 6:36pm
coxie View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Awesome catch CJ, lets hope theres more of these bigger model snapper around as things get warmer.

Kevin - All of those fish bar 1 gurnard were caught straight out from Matakawau boat ramp.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 1:19pm
Titanium
Titanium

nah now i remember, first one was over near cornwallis. also caught a decent size octopus!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Olfart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:42pm
Olfart View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good feed there CJ.
Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:13pm
Titanium
Titanium

can't remember if we got any at the first spot. so likely got them all in big bay.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 11:04pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Wow, great catch john, where did you get those? Near the Airport?

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 10:54pm
Titanium
Titanium

was a wee bit snotty out there today. and we were plagued by kahawai as well. never when you want them hey.

but we managed 12 carrots and a 56cm snapper so went home happy. cold, but happy. 
Page  <1 187188189190191 198>