FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAC 420 setups

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HB_fishdive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:50pm
HB_fishdive View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

This is the only pic I can find of mine from when I had the live bait tank on, it works well there but you do notice the weight when on the move with a full tank.
I also have an underfloor tank running down the centre from behind my anchor box to the battery box, I like the idea of having the weight distributed and not stuck in the bow - particularly in a following sea.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alkirker@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 7:20pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hey thanks for the info, nice mac
what engine size are you running?
Did you have to modify your bait tank to sit it there to get past the steering?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HB_fishdive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 8:52pm
HB_fishdive View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Cheers. Engine is a 60hp.

No I didn’t need to modify the bait tank, i had it just behind the steering rod. It worked well there, the space in front of the tank gave me a safe spot to store scrubbing brush, bait net etc.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alkirker@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 9:30pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

how have you found the boat for top speed?, lowest speed before dropping off the plane?
have you messed around with shifting weight around I.E if you have a full chilly bin how you manage the extra weight better at the back or as far forward? ( or do you never get full chilly bins in the bay ? lol )
Page  <12