FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lure reskirt

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote terrafish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2019 at 8:46pm
terrafish View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by yknot yknot wrote:

Thanks for the input guys, JAPIE will try that.

I am now accepting that I must accept the extra length.

You will just have to experiment with different positions and angles till you get it just right. Getting it wet and taking it around the block a few times will certainly help. Your own experience will tell you wether to stay where you are or trim it a little closer. You'll almost have to raise one before you know whether it has lost any appeal.
Once its gone you can't get it back(without hitchin up another skirt)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote jakepitsville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:18pm
jakepitsville View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

It used to be very common to thing out the zuker 5.5 back in the day.  Pakula used to say trip every second and the skirt is abit like a kite - he had a video on it the longer the skirt the more stable, Roddy used to say it needs to be angle cut and removed every second and that you wouldnt do well without cutting your skirts to bits.  I know some of the longer skirted lures were also so the hook could be futher back from lure head hopefully resulting in a higher hook up.  

Page  <12