Lowrance Elite Ti2 vs Simrad Go7

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Morgs122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowrance Elite Ti2 vs Simrad Go7
    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 2:04pm
Morgs122 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Back looking for a new fish finder GPS combo. Previously had a Raymarine Dragonfly but didn’t really like it much. Pretty keen on a Lowrance elite Ti2 but also come across the Simrad Go. I’ve got a 5.5m Mclay. Nearly all of my fishing will be for snapper and jigging, stickbaiting and livebaiting for kingfish. All suggestions welcome. Cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote alkirker@xtra.co.nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 2:22pm
[email protected] View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

hey Morgs
I installed a elite Ti2 on my boat only 3 weeks ago, have only had the chance to get on the water a couple of times on the lake.
the unit is fairly user friendly touch screen works fine except for the +/- is annoying (I found going to the buttons for it was better)
have not been that impressed with the depth of the down/side scan maybe user error though.
Hard to find any info/videos of guys using them at depths 30M+ 
when the wind &%$# off ill hopefully be able to give you some better feed back

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RogueOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:14pm
RogueOne View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I've had a GO7 XSE for about 3 years now and i haven't had any problems with it. Touch screen works well and resolution is good in lakes and offshore - I've had good images at 50m+ off Raglan and in the Rotorua lakes.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Morgs122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 9:33pm
Morgs122 View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hey mate do you have any photos of the images ? Demo mode is always pretty optimistic so would be great to have some actual images. Thanks for the feedback guys