LBG Hall of Fame

Page  <1234 12>
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JoshW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 7:03pm
JoshW View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

My first landbased of king of any size weighed 23.5kg, back when I was 16 I think.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 2:43am
kingiman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

We've got some nice snaps over the years just none of the big ones are mine! haha
Welshy
Moocher
27pound
Squid
Eastcape
4min fight
Gaffed by Trev

MoleMole
Moocher
Plilley tail
Coro
5min fight
Gaffed by Trev

My bros team snapper after the reel busted!
Trev pulled in by hand
Moocher
25pound
Squid
Eastcape
8 long mins
Hooked and Gaffed by Toby

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=tnWcJg_ljfc (check out the fight)

The best time Fishing is when its raining when its not raining or if you are married, When ever you are allowed to!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 2:13pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

heres a few pics from the early 80s of the old man and his mates doing their thing up around rawara / hendersons area up north. Some pretty solid fish.

Will dig out a few more at some stage
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MrBBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2008 at 11:31am
MrBBC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The Boys in the work shop shot out afterwork last night and had thier first go with the Kontiki. They went down the South Beach of Wanganui. They caught this Snapper and lost the Kontiki, a mate of the guy that owns it found it on the beach this morning and returned it before daylight. Snapper on the BBQ for lunch in factory today.
Not bad for thier first effort
AMF Boats - Wanganui
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NZFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 11:02am
NZFisher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Way back in (?)93 - my first 20

Angler: Derrick paull
Where: Whangamumu
Weight: 21 1/2  & 19 7/8ths
Bait(s): 1/2 Blue mamck and Bonito Head
Tackle - Alvey all the way!
Line: 20lb mono
Gaff Man: Jase the Ace

Whnagamumu's 2hour walk in - turned into nearly a 4hour wlak out - near in the dark. Included a slip 50m down grass bank stopping INCHES from the 100ft cliff. Cheers to Paul Head for coming down and Gaffing me and bringing me back up!!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NSSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 11:27am
NSSC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Some North Shore Surfcasting Club Hall of Famers to follow.....

Starting with:
Graeme Johnson - Date, location unknown - fish size HUGE
(Graeme - was this the 29 +++ from Oakura?)
40 years strong as New Zealands Premier Landbased Snapper Hunting Club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NSSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 11:30am
NSSC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

And this motley crew (
Probably at Sprirts Bay - Early 70s (?) by the look of the dress code!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NSSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 11:32am
NSSC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Brett Scott in the good 'ol days...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote NSSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2008 at 12:24pm
NSSC View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Those are some massive fish. if those are the old club 100lb scales then the fish on them is near 25lbs!!!!
Looks like ray (CatWeasel) MacIntyre on the right - who's the other chap???
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kingiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2008 at 8:53pm
kingiman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

The Hall of Fame seems to be slowing down,thought id chuck another one of the boys pics up.

Matty boy
Kingi
27kg
Live kahawai
8min fight
Coro
Gaffed by Regz

The best time Fishing is when its raining when its not raining or if you are married, When ever you are allowed to!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2008 at 9:34pm
chad View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

couple of these around 13 lb

this was 30lb

20lb

10-12lb

all caught in the last 12 months bar the 20lber which was a couple years ago. ill chuck a few more up later, tevs far north, snapper HB.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KingiSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2008 at 2:27am
KingiSlayer View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wasn't going to post this cause I've shown it before on another thread but hey it's my best LBG snaps to date so...

Angler: Me
When: Winter 08
Weight: 20.5lbs
Where: Coromandel
Bait/Rig: Straylined pillie
Gaff/torchman: Lance and Jerry69

Heading back this this summer from an agonising fishless summer in the UK to finally get a LBG king worthy of this thread!!
It is the God of the Tight Line by which I am governed
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote one leg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2008 at 9:03pm
one leg View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

BA  in the day's before (a real man's boat) looks like a nice haul of snaps as wellBig%20smile

woman who say they are equal to men ,show lack of Ambition .
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zambezi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2008 at 8:35pm
Zambezi View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Weight unknown can only guess.  2 of us couldn't move it.  4 - 5m 400lb lead 10/0 circle hook 18kg mainline 10 - 15kg 7ft snapper rod Daiwa sealine 600h real.  2 1/2 hours fight.  Pakiri 30/11/2008.

First one of many i hope.  After 2 years of trying to catch kingi's and 1 trip with a 45 min soak time  trying to catch sharks I think I might just carry on chasing them.  Hammerhead next just as soon as we get a bronzie for my partner in crime
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote squidlicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 11:56am
squidlicker View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Didn't chuck it on some proper scales but estimated at about 17lb. You can tell from the grin how stoked I was. Was rough as guts that day. My missus got caught out by the swell and washed in. I jumped in and rescued her losing my rod and reel in the process. Should have left her........................jokes guys....jokes. Who would fillet and cook the catch if she drownedLOL

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 9:29am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 9:35am
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Here's a nice 13kg king I caught last April off Kauri Point, Birkenhead. Got him on a rapala  x-rap slashbait, after he'd scoffed my piper livie without hooking up. 30lb spectra braid, (actually probably more like 60lb) Shimano Beastmaster and Thunnus.

10 min fight, complicated at the end when he tangled up in my berley bag, getting the trebles hooked up in them. About four boats watched enviously and gave a big cheer when I landed him- they didn't seem to be doing too well. One boat came in and took a photo-I was fishing by myself which is why I'm not in the shot.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ahab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2008 at 12:19pm
Ahab View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I'm off to Whatipu this arvo to catch a king so big I could use this king as a skipping deadbait.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2008 at 8:32pm
james View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

suzanna webb
samethime this year
ky
2.5 kg
strayline 9/0  whole squid 10kg main line
snapper rock
5 min
no gaffman with this beast
this is my miss pb for ky and she going to beat it this seasonBig%20smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2008 at 8:37am
Cheeko View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Karl Sawyer
March 08
Thames Coast
Kingfish 20.2 Kg
Caught on Kahawai Livebait
Rig - Shimano Speedmaster Reel and 15 kg ultra green mono
Fight time - 20 mins
Gaff man - myself
Page  <1234 12>