Kaiaua fishing

Page  <1 34567 28>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote 3rnzir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 7:40am
3rnzir View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Out from the GCG ramp at 09:15 back at 12:15.
Not as much sign around compared to last week.
Inchiku and SPs,
Fished from 12-20 meter depths.
8 X nice KY
2 X barely legal snapper.
No sign of those 20Knot winds when we where out there,so timed it well.
Few big logs along the current lines.
Pilles and anchovies in KY bellies as well.
Try again next week.
Peace.Via superior firepower..
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 8:47am
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

After a great venture up North (fishing was ok - few kings, plenty snapper, trevs, etc) last weekend I was back to the Firth.
Left GCG at approx. 6am - noticed mussel barge was out so up to the farm.
Pulled up to find them not harvesting. Bugger.
So moved and started in shallows - approx. 5-7m and proceeded to enjoy a couple of hours on sofies (Lime tiger lizards doing the business). Almost every cast resulting in a fish.
This slowed as sun came over the hills and headed out to find the birds in deeper water.
Still lots of kahawai and snaps below.
Water temp at 11.4.
Great morning out.
Back at ramp at 11 with 3 snapper kept. 40-45cm. Could have had my limit after 1st hour.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Couta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 6:10pm
Couta View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Sounds like plenty of fun still to be had up that way Drakar1.
I will be heading over there this weekend weather permitting thanks for the report

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2014 at 9:13pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice report Drakar.. did you look around for any sign for ya softys , or just prospect an area?
yeah couta, might see you up there on weekend
"Team Skunk 10th equal Grunter Hunter 2020"
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 2:54pm
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Skunk, was just playing in an area that usually produces for me.
Little bit of sign showing on my cheap sounder.
If you and Couta out this weekend - might try and catch up?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 6:38pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yeah sounds good Drakar, looks like we heading up sat morning..fingers crossed weather not too crappy, been hanging out to wet a line!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 7:26pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Up and out of GCG this morning didnt have too long a wait after low tide to be able to "push" on out..
Drakar was up and at em already and gave us the tip where to head after a bit of a look around..thanks Drakar mate , thats a great thing about this forum, guys willing to share info etc
.Got some nice pannys on softbaits in 5m to 9m, best 52cm.crikey he was a bull , pulled some serious string!
went quiet as the sun shone so parked up in the farm and broke out the b n berley last couple hrs of incoming.
Turned out to be busy little sesh, all the secret weapons came out .
sweet day out there doing it, flat calm and surprisingly warm for july and some nice fish in the bin.
great to meet you Drakar1..cheers.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote sinful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2014 at 9:59pm
sinful View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Shot out late this afternoon to Kaiaua mussel farm and burleyed up big time.......landed some nice fish with the outgoing tide ........then a redish tinged tide flooded the entire area ......fish disappeared !

Anyone have an idea as to what this was ..........
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted
armed men, and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
- Hemingway.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Drakar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 7:02am
Drakar1 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Skunk,
Great to see you guys had a successful mission. Don't show everyone my spot.
It would appear that thing are getting quieter out deeper as I see the longliners have been working these areas for the last few weeks.
I only kept two fish - one at 42 and 52cm. Plenty to be had from 30-40cm, however I tend to let these go.
Stunning day out there - water temp at 13.4.
Hope to catch up with ya again on the water.
I didn't see any of this reddish tinge you are talking about sinful as I was back at the ramp at 11am. Could be krill or algae?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 12:03pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Yes Sinful, we did notice a red tinge to the water on our way back to the ramp, could have been krill as a lot of bait and birds in the area..some of our snaps spewed up krill kinda stuff like mini shrimps aye.

Yeah Drakar those 40cm+ ones are ideal alright.. and I don't know what spot you are talking aboutWink ..you made us wear blindfolds remember!... have done good a tad further north of there also.
It does seem quieter out deeper now, I agree.Will keep in touch next time were out.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Corokingi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2014 at 6:28pm
Corokingi View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Awesome weather sunday , shot up to Te Kouma had a hard day with only 7 + 1 carrot.2 Boats i know of went to waikawau and did very well including one 20lber while fishing near a working mussel barge.

Sounds like they still in the shallows , so no need to travel far at the moment.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Juan night only Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2014 at 5:18pm
Juan night only View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Looks like a few days of awesome weather coming up, whos going out? looks like a monday fish is on the cards for me, and maybe tuesday :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 3:53pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hit Kaiaua at 7am this morn,time to blood my new (2nd hand) dinghy!
Left f.lowry road into a flat sea just as swell map predicted!
Sat about 2k out and pulled in 10 snaps between 34 and 42 cms ,left Kaiaua at 11am and home by 12!mean half day mish and plenty for a coup feeds!
limit your catch not catch your limit!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 3:57pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 4:02pm
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Nice ramcoed, just wish it was as flat as that over on the east coast, over 4m seas all weekThumbs Down
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote skunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 5:36pm
skunk View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Sweet Ramcoed, looked like it would have been nice out there..were there many other boats out.?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2014 at 7:01pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

kaveman,i see whangas been big!,heading over there this Friday coming for a long weekend,hoping for some kingi action,seen some biggies on the dogger last weekend!
Skunk ,there were 3 other dingys around us and I bigger boat out from the wreck and another from kaiaua ramp but he didn't stick around long high tide being 7am most likely.Just bout this 12 ft dinghy for harbour and firth fishing rather than my fishmaster,back to basics haha

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 12:36pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hey Kaveman -I see Shauny landed himself a 17pounder snap out of whanga. Great effort!
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Snappa Geoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2014 at 8:24pm
Snappa Geoff View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

First catch in the Dinghy Boys looks better than when you fish the 6 metre boat there! Shot.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ramcoed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 7:00pm
ramcoed View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Hitting Kaiaua early 2moro morn,meant to be chilli!any 1 else?just takn the dinghy tt3(tiny tinny three)
Page  <1 34567 28>