FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just need some opinions on some gear

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hunter708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just need some opinions on some gear
    Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:52pm
hunter708 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Been a long time since I last logged into this forum so hope everyone has been keeping well. 

I haven't been surfcasting for 3 years nor have I fished since I sold my little Fish City FC390 boat. I stupidly sold most of my surfcasting gear just after lock down which was a 14ft veritas and a shimano ultegra (that reel was cursed never caught a bloody thing with it lol), now I am wanting to buy another 14ft surfcasting set and tossing up between buying another veritas but also considering the akios Hellrazor or tica galactic surf rods. the reel will either be the tica wanderer10000 long cast with bait feeder or a penn 7500LC even the akios R10 is under consideration. Any of you guys used the tica and akios rods and reels but also what are your opinions on the penn SSVI 7500LC. If I do decide to go back down the veritas route I am considering the veritas & Penn 7500LC combo.

Callsign: ZMU 4809
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 6:16am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Hi Hunter, I'm just bumping this to give it some more attention
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hunter708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 8:52am
hunter708 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

No worries Smudge thanks mate

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Tamure Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 1:44pm
The Tamure Kid View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Welcome back.

There was a discussion on the thread that you might find useful re rods/reels not that long ago. Mostly about Abu and Okuma, but worth a look if you haven't seen it already.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote hunter708 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 3:41pm
hunter708 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by The Tamure Kid The Tamure Kid wrote:

Welcome back.

There was a discussion on the thread that you might find useful re rods/reels not that long ago. Mostly about Abu and Okuma, but worth a look if you haven't seen it already.

Yes I did read the thread you directed me to prior to posting this one but it didn't really answer my inquiry but I will say I have decided on the penn spinfisher 7500LC and also leaning heavily towards buying the tica kazumi galactic