IRB's for LBG

Page  123 9>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarNorfOwnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IRB's for LBG
    Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 8:48pm
FarNorfOwnage View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

thought id start a thread on modifying IRB's for LBG use.  would be good to share/exchange ideas with others. 

Heres a few pic's of my rig (Arancia 380) to get things started...

out there doing it or STFU
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 10:09pm
chad View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Thats a mint ride ! what are the arancia's like ?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:06pm
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Looking real tidy there Jon. Like what you have done with it. Reinforcing right to the rear...mean!

Will take a few pics of mine either out this weekend or will push it out of the garage.

Been looking in to getting a simple rocket launcher made up for 6 rods or so for a lil while now. Be good for those days out wide or jigging etc, not so much for LBG.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarNorfOwnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:12pm
Silver
Silver

heya bro.  yeah great hulls, the 377 is the more common surf-lifesaving design.  the 380 was designed for rough inshore patrolling, is fractionally longer and beamier with larger diameter tubes (460mm).  very stable and perfect to modify.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarNorfOwnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2011 at 11:15pm
Silver
Silver

mean Jk like the sound of that haha!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kingie69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 8:33am
Kingie69 View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

mean machineCool 
elusive goat island night fishing club
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2011 at 1:13pm
chad View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

what are they worth Jon?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 12:16am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Jealous as - one day when the wedding's paid for and the honeymoons paid off and the deposit for the house has been saved and the babies have grown up... ah who am I kidding... jealous as!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ODL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 9:24am
ODL View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by BeachedAsBro BeachedAsBro wrote:

Jealous as - one day when the wedding's paid for and the honeymoons paid off and the deposit for the house has been saved and the babies have grown up... ah who am I kidding... jealous as!

Aint that the truth...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 9:40am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Not that expensive guys. Seen cheapies for $3500 and up on trademe but often the motor has more hours that my nanas 1970s honda city so ya gotta be careful what ya buying. gotta be careful with leaking pontoons and dodgy trailers too!

Hey Jon how did you re do those foot straps? They look mint and mine could do with replacing.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ODL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 10:10am
ODL View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Take a zero of that price JK and that's cheap...

I think i'll move on to a Yak before an IRB.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SufixRockMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 10:28am
SufixRockMan View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Geez, not that expensive...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 11:14am
JK View Drop Down
Moderator - Black Belt
Moderator - Black Belt

Originally posted by Oriel Oriel wrote:

Take a zero of that price JK and that's cheap...

I think i'll move on to a Yak before an IRB.

wouldnt even consider anything with that sort of price tag attached oriel.

There are inflatables and then there are inflatables suitable for LBG. Quite some difference there and it aint just the price.
LedgeNZ LBG
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ODL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 12:17pm
ODL View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

i can imagine...for now though, i'll just have to stalk my prey the old fashioned way. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote chad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 12:27pm
chad View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

is there an online dealer with prices? Im going to upgrade and get something decent. My knowledge of IRBs is pretty limited, is there any certain things you should look for before buying one?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Seth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2011 at 1:00pm
Seth View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Although not an IRB but and RIB check out wavebreak.  Dual layer tubes, alloy hull and bullet proof.  Will be my next boat
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BeachedAsBro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 9:47am
BeachedAsBro View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by JK JK wrote:

Not that expensive guys. Seen cheapies for $3500 and up on trademe but often the motor has more hours that my nanas 1970s honda city so ya gotta be careful what ya buying. gotta be careful with leaking pontoons and dodgy trailers too!

Hey Jon how did you re do those foot straps? They look mint and mine could do with replacing.

Tell me about it mate... I've got a big ol' roll of insertion grade 1.5mm neoprene and a bungy tie-off anchor system sitting in the garage for when the time is right Big smile
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realise we can't eat money.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Boz19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 12:21pm
Boz19 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ok so it's not an IRB and not overly modified but this is a pic of our RIB in action.
Shoreline off the bow and bungy back-anchored off the stern.
Chilly bin sitting in the back, console in the middle contains the gas tank n few bits n pieces, console up the front (not visible here) for dry stuff, baitboard on pole also.
Not the ideal setup for LBG but it has done the job so far and gets used for softbaiting and jigging also, so has to be dual purpose.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote FarNorfOwnage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 8:57pm
Silver
Silver

Sweet as rig Boz thanks for sharing mate! very nice.  defenitely a versatile looking craft Thumbs Up

I bet you and deacs cant wait to nose her round maria ways.

Will take some pics of how i renewed the footstraps JK.  its heavy-duty polyester webbing, got it from john hewinson in whanga's. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote long john Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2011 at 9:36pm
long john View Drop Down
Moderator - Brown Belt
Moderator - Brown Belt

Originally posted by Seth Seth wrote:

Although not an IRB but and RIB check out wavebreak.  Dual layer tubes, alloy hull and bullet proof.  Will be my next boat

and at $20,000, they'll sell like hot cakes! Horses for courses bro and as a hack to get you a few kays to the bricks........?
Proud member of the Glen Innes Spearfishing Club
Page  123 9>