Inchiku's

Page  <12345 31>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:55pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

remember these Capt????

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 5:59pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

i have been playing around in the garage going though all the old stuff ive accumulated over the years...
some i have redressed some i have just drilled holes in to attach the new style hooks and skirts....
all good fun, now to find out if any work...

here are some pics of them...

the first is from 20plus years ago when i was making jigs.
its now converted over to this, who knows might work...

this one is tiny soft/bait from old school...

the one below is just made out of a couple of old tuna sized skirts cut down...

this yellow one is slightly bent like a Banana so should wobble and hang-up on the drop..

some are quite small, but this bottom one is about 20cm long and has a 6oz tear drop sinker attached...
will try it deep water bottom bouncing, i can see the eyes come back up flat as due to the pressure...
or it may get hit by a King going down...
will let you know if any work....

Thanks for everything you did for us Eric. may you rest in peace, You were one of the real legends of NZ recreational fishing
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PDSquid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:13pm
PDSquid View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

pretty damn cool EricThumbs Up
gunjack all the teke
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 7:32pm
Capt Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes Eric, Steve Badmans "Demon tackle"... hell, I still have one of those somewhere.... dammit, but where... ummmmm.... among the dozens of tackle boxes I have scattered about. I got a couple of fish on that in the tropics yonks ago, and I think I tried it on Skippies out on a trip on Zambucca and had some fun.
That bottom one you show in the pics, perhaps replace the split ring with a solid ring would be better? I just don't trust tying to splits any more, had a split ring chew out some heavy assist cord a while back, got me wondering what that was going to do to nylon....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PukeFisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 8:13pm
PukeFisher View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by Phishpula Phishpula wrote:

Almost there lethal but a bigger head and more body to it. Metallic ginger paint doesnt show up too well.

What brand are these ? lokk the goods
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2012 at 8:22pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

i certainly like those PF, Thumbs Up

i tried that Banana Bender Yellow thing today and it worked a treat, 3 fish in 3 drops,
nothing big though, all went back...
i think it has potential,
even works well in the rod holder, stays down due to its weight, and the swinging motion makes the skirt wobble from side to side without the angler having to move it....
some more testing and a little refining it could be a winner....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Phishpula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 12:17pm
Phishpula View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

These look interesting

Turtle free since 2012
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blue Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 12:46pm
Blue Asparagus View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

during the nationals we would catch dinner each evening and it was great to see the different styles, we had all the usuals out same as what you see here and they all worked but I have to say Moocha was just using a soft bait and out fished all of us and the biggest also came on the softees.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Moocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
Moocha View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

That was a hoot mate, how many fish did I bloody lose though with that rooted braid  Cry
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 1:43pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

very true BA, hard to beat a softie, especially a Zman...
but the right time and right place the other types can also produce good catches....

these new style Inchiku's are great and interesting to use,
also they are heavier than a normal jig/head which makes them easier to use in deeper water....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2012 at 11:16pm
Titanium
Titanium

Got this colourful lil critter last weekend.... mind you, was cheating, and using a little bait to spice it up a little.....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 12:27am
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

anyone used something like this?????
combination of a Inchiku's/skirt and a jig/head....

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 10:19am
Titanium
Titanium

I had a bunch of tubes, but never really scored much on the larger ones.... but the small little 1" ones I used a lot for catching macks out at white at night, and rudd in karapiro. The jig heads I had back then never held the tubes on properly on the bigger versions, haven't tried them recently with a better range of more appropriate jig heads though. No reason why they wouldn't work though....
I always kinda liked the idea of being able to squirt some heavy fish-oil paste into the tube as an added stimulant.....
For those that don't know, those tubes are hollow.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fish i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 10:40am
fish i View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

I have, think they call them softbaits.
6th place in the inaugural Te Kauwhata Regionals paddle crab division
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 12:21pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

can definitely fill those tubes up Capt A,
only thing i can see as a draw back is the skirt is not free swing as much as if it was attached to cord like on a Inchiku's...
but hell if it works then it could be just as durable as a Zman soft/bait...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 3:12pm
Titanium
Titanium

Eric, the ones you have used, have the skirts separated and puffed around in the current as nicely as you would imagine? The ones I had never seemed to quite do the bizzo as I'd have liked it, the plastic of the "skirt" seems to cling together too much. If you wanted to really really spend a lot of time on them, I'd say going thru them and removing every other strand in the skirt would improve the action of the tail a lot. I will have to hunt up the boxes I had me old soft plastics in I guess! Damn, now where the heck would they be now... :-)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lethal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 5:39pm
Lethal View Drop Down
Rest In Peace
Rest In Peace

i whip this up in a couple of minutes, after putting the skirt on i jammed a soft lumo bead up behind it,
no way in hell will come back down now...
should wave pretty freely considering,
i am thinking this is getting more like one of Uncles Skippy lures and why wouldn't one of his lures work on snapper...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 6:02pm
Tipper View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by Lethal Lethal wrote:

i whip this up in a couple of minutes, after putting the skirt on i jammed a soft lumo bead up behind it,

I'm liking this, will have ago myself tonight :)
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote green guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 7:09pm
green guy View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yea boy
I like it
http://www.facebook.com/hauraki.hillbillys
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Capt Asparagus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2012 at 8:09pm
Titanium
Titanium

I have a few like that I have yet to give a proper shot, I picked up a few bags of the little 2" skirts on sale at Sunnys in whitianga. I also used those SB hooks from berkley that ...ummmm.... how to describe them, they have a strong, straight-eyed hook ( ie, with a lead SP "holder" just behind the eye) that I rigged up as small small kahawai lures for flicking around or trolling on light spin tackle.
I like the look of them anyhow....
Page  <12345 31>