FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need your help please

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote reel crayze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need your help please
    Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:05pm
reel crayze View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The wife says to me last week that we should take the caravan away for the weekend. Yes i immediately say having thoughts of a weekend away by the lake, river or sea.  Then i think,  oh hang about, if we take the caravan i wont be able to tow a boat, to late we are going without a boat Cry.

Hanmer Springs is where we end up for 3 days of walking along forestry tracks and sitting in the hot pools. While it was great for the first day and slightly less so for the second and way less for the 3rd and if there had of been a 4th, well a slow painful death would of been better...

Water and fish is where its at.

I need your help please in finding me an inflatable type boat that i can carry in my truck or caravan. Criteria...  it has blow up easily and preferably have wheels for easy transport and most importantly be able to fish out of. It has to have a solid transom that can take a smaller type outboard and be capable of taking 2 people (but not 3).

I had thought of a Takacat ?

Thought and opinions please on the above or other options  ?

Oh and getting a new wife does not figure in the options , LOL

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote viscount Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 8:53pm
viscount View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

my mate had a taka cat with a 4 horse 4 stroke and used it over in the rotrua lakes, he said it planed with him easily and was stable with two persons and go for jigging out of.
beers wings and things
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 11:43am
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:23pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

As kids, our parents used to tow the caravan (EH holden) and roof racks for the 9'6" ply dingy on the car.