I find this disturbing

Page  <12
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote DDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 1:32pm
DDO View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Having done the quiz and reviewed the Bill itself, the quiz is a bit disingenuous.

The question of does the Doctor have to have met the person requesting Assisting dying is biased badly.

Define "met"?

The attending medical practitioner must be present when the person requesting Assisting Dying signs and dates the form. Therefore they have met. The attending medical practitioner is also allowed to conscientiously object, but they have to inform the person that it is their right to ask the SCENZ Group for the name and contact details of a replacement medical practitioner...

Do they require a long term relationship with the person and a complete overview of that person's situation? No.. but the quiz defines that being a requirement of "met"..

The quiz has an agenda. Bear that in mind if you do it. 

The Chairperson of the campaign is someone I've known. Nice guy. I support debate on such an issue. If anything at least it questions people on what they're actually voting for.
I don't support preying on the uninformed with quizzes that are designed to instill fear and misunderstanding. The Bill is there, online for all to access...
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Reel Deal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 7:11pm
Reel Deal View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps your response saddened me,that’s a lot to be expected from a young man and carry around. I’m sorry to hear about it. 

Yes death ain’t all bad if it was why does everyone do it...
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent on fishing - Assyrian Proverb
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Muppet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 8:26pm
Muppet View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yes Steps that is hard.

My nan passed away last year and she fought for every last breath even though she knew she was going. She told my brother she did not wanna die as she wanted to help the family still after years of doing it.
She had to be wrenched from life even after years of dialysis and various painful conditions.

But it is not like that for everyone and I respect that too. Hard choice for me.

Unlike the other one lmao
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2020 at 9:32am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Steps your response saddened me,that’s a lot to be expected from a young man and carry around. I’m sorry to hear about it.

Thankyou for the thought m8 ...
But...with all due respect.
Look its the story.. as to carry around.. that is what life was like 50 odd yrs ago...you did what had to and moved on.
 It wasnt at the time and still is not about me.. its about them

And 'hard' by the time I was about 20 all my family parents, grandparents  where dead..no inheritance just me . Want till yrs later where talking about it over a few drinks and someone said, "Oh an orphan"  the concept had never occurred to me.

Maybe I does give me, explains a rather a black and white view on many things.. ppl break lockdown, bus ticket fines, 'education' and 're education ' without consequences rather law enforcement..
But again.. I feel the world needs to harden up...nurse and bury your own dead, type of thing.. rather than pas the responsibility of stuff off to others.

Page  <12