Hutchwilco Boat Show

Page  123>
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hutchwilco Boat Show
    Posted: 15 May 2023 at 7:59pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I'm hoping to go Friday early afternoon if my boss agrees. If he doesn't I'll still be going early Friday afternoon. Be good to catch up with any of you forum guys. Anyone else going? 

Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote krow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 8:59pm
krow View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Not me on standby in Whangarei again. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wayno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 9:17pm
wayno View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Weather permitting, another bout of crap apparently heading this way again....
Hoping to get up on Friday.
Might be taking note of the various 90hp 4 stroke options on offer from the engine fullas this year

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fitzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2023 at 10:36pm
fitzy View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Went today and quite a good show. A few regulars exhibitors missing but some new faces as well. 
Very disappointed that the Coro mussel fritters not on site 😜.

Amazing number of new Ali boats with radical bow designs etc, don’t quite understand where this is coming from.
Also bizarre that Haines Hunter, Rayglass and Tristram not exhibiting. Pathetic really.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 7:58am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

Went today and quite a good show. A few regulars exhibitors missing but some new faces as well. 

Amazing number of new Ali boats with radical bow designs etc, don’t quite understand where this is coming from.
Also bizarre that Haines Hunter, Rayglass and Tristram not exhibiting. Pathetic really.

We went yesterday too, met up with Wayno there and good to catch up with Grunta, JP, Nathan  and the others at NZ Fishing News. Along with Espresso and Bonze. Had a chat with the Fishing & Adventure guys too. Well worth going but as Fitzy said there were some big names missing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:00pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by fitzy fitzy wrote:

All three manufacturers have been absent for at least five years. Buccaneer was only there as part of the Rogers brand.
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:02pm
Titanium
Titanium

Extreme putting out boats with a lot of interesting 'features'.I thought they were really the most interesting and well displayed manufacturer there - they obviously have put a lot of effort in.

No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:18pm
Titanium
Titanium

alloy boat prices really seem to have escalated big time. the days of the 'cheap fishing tinnie' is long gone.

fibreglass builders dont appear to have been affected as much - maybe a lower labour component in their businesses? 
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:25pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Bought this for the Mac360, thoughts???

Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Fish Addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:30pm
Fish Addict View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Kitno - so it's not arse heavy put another one up the front and run it in reverse.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Kandrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 9:35pm
Kandrew View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Bounty Hunter wrote:

alloy boat prices really seem to have escalated big time. the days of the 'cheap fishing tinnie' is long gone.

fibreglass builders dont appear to have been affected as much - maybe a lower labour component in their businesses? 
I was talking to one of the big tinnie manufacturers, he was telling me there is around 1700 hours of welding in a 8.0mtr plus hardtop boat.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2023 at 10:23pm
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

I was talking to one of the big tinnie manufacturers, he was telling me there is around 1700 hours of welding in a 8.0mtr plus hardtop boat.

the alloy pontoon boats have the most welding in them all else being equal - and every bloke on a torch wants $45/hour...

maybe its cheaper just to flop hulls out of a mold?
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 5:26am
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by Kandrew Kandrew wrote:

the alloy pontoon boats have the most welding in them all else being equal - and every bloke on a torch wants $45/hour...

maybe its cheaper just to flop hulls out of a mold?
Was there Saturday and ended up with another Hutchwilco LJ,a bit of debate between 2 sales person,whether i should be buying a inflatable or a solid.Met the owner who said go for the standard it provides some shelter . Never brought victoryknives before but got 2 while there.

Kept on going back to to the Fi Glass dominator,for price be hard to beat as long as you did your own add ons. Been looking at them for 2yrs and price has risen by $2k

Asked one ali boat Co,want happens when longer source NZ ali? We start looking overseas.Wouldnt commit from where though.

Weather played a big part as was a bit of rush to get around,like the idea of scanning ticket at booths rather than stamps.

Went pass Grunta,busy man,catch up another day.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kimber7wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 7:25am
kimber7wsm View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

I thought the Offshore boats we very well done. I would like a ride in one, not that I'm buying. The Southern's were another that caught my eye.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 2:07pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by kitno kitno wrote:

Bought this for the Mac360, thoughts???

So underpowered it's ridiculous. You will need two of those for the river bar.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 2:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Yeah we made the same observation about the price of the tinnies. A CSB Huntsman 7m was 150k or thereabouts, cheaper than tinnies of that size. Not my style of boat but very nice. The Extremes and Offshores were good but those Profiiles caught my eye, especially the 635. My mate Carey (Zukman) liked the smaller Profile with the orange wrap but that was because it was the same colour as his Triton.Can't argue with that, great logic! 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2023 at 5:37pm
Pcj View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

How the heck can a lifesaving type rubber duck/motor/trailer cost $37k?

Innovation boats caught my eye. 1) ugly high side 2) seems to me to stiffen bottom run a weld angle full length. 3) lot of room in cockpit but seating facing rear looks bloody uncomfortable, for the price not well thought out.

Someone further up the thread,mentioned "Tristom,how they werent there.Havent been for a number of yrs and they hold their own in house show.Think Haines do the same in East Tamiki.
Amateur's built the ark. Professional built the Titanic
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Discovery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:34am
Discovery View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

I travel up to the show each year from Canterbury. Really enjoyable and informative. We sure have some talented boat designers and builders. I particularly enjoy the chance to talk with manufacturers whose boats we don't see that many of down here.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 6:12pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Discovery Discovery wrote:

I travel up to the show each year from Canterbury. Really enjoyable and informative. We sure have some talented boat designers and builders. I particularly enjoy the chance to talk with manufacturers whose boats we don't see that many of down here.

Wow, that's a good effort! I hope you get some Auckland hospitality
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 7:16pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by Discovery Discovery wrote:

Let us know next time you're up. We're an hour from the venue but I'll take any excuse to go to the boat show Big smile
Page  123>