How to prepare for a fishing trip

Post Options Post Options   Likes (3) Likes(3)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to prepare for a fishing trip
    Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:28pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

This is how you prepare for fishing in 10 simple steps:

1: Watch the Warriors cream the Knights

2: Drink lots of Lion Brown to make the game so much more enjoyable

3: Txt your mates and bully them into taking you fishing in about six hours

4: Get your fishing clothes sorted before your wife goes to bed so you don't wake the sleeping bear in the morning

5: Pull your clothes drawer out too far so it comes completely out and lands on the big toe of your right foot

6: Spend 10 full minutes swearing

7: Drink a few rums to kill the pain

8: Get on Fishing.net.nz in the vain hope that people will feel sorry for you as you share your sore toe woes with the world

9: Get your gear ready even though it is well after 11.00pm

!0: Have a few more rums because your toe is still throbbing
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MacSkipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:25am
MacSkipper View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

sounds like you shot yourself in the foot or should I say big toe LOL!

don't you know watching rugger and fishing next day is a bad idea?
Good fishing trip nothing breaks, great trip catch fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 7:52am
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Top advice there Smudge.
Keep it coming.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mr Moritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:54pm
Mr Moritz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Been there. Done that. Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Hey mate ... regards the injured toe there is a wonder cure that I recently discovered ... nothing short of miraculous in fact providing you believe in it, so I am happy to share my experience with you.
Twenty years or more back I had my ankle crushed under the weight of a huge side loader forklift. Was out of action for several weeks but amazingly enough no serious permanent damage resulted apart from
excessive swelling & bruising which eventually settled down. Was told that I had been extremely fortunate to have escaped relatively unscathed however would possibly feel the effects of delayed residual trauma in later years.

I suspect this is what has been occurring of late ie sensations of discomfort rather than pain kinda like an itchy combination of pins & needles plus sunburn. Often occurs in bed when trying to drift off to sleep but the annoying sensation tends to prevent sound sleep to the extent have occasionally even resorted to popping a sleeping pill.

Awhile back swmbo was suffering from muscular distress & was given some of the controversial hemp treatment in the form of a liniment which proved to be very effective so she kindly suggested I  should maybe try it ... which I did.

The results were almost instantaneous with seemingly providing on going relief then after about applying it for a week swmbo asked "where did you put my hemp cream?" to which I replied "the same place it has always been ... on the vanity top !"

On investigation she exploded " you stupid #*@^*%!!! ... that is my ultra expensive face crème !!!!!"

From that moment on it ceased to be effective & altho it will cost me $50 to replace, I guess that is a small price to pay in order to have the best looking ankles in our street even if the symptoms have returned !

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 10:38pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great replies as always Big smile

After a solid 3.5 hours sleep my toe was still throbbing a little. Mild pain when putting on gumboots. By the time I was at my mates place, the pain had gone. My toe doesn't look like any part of it is going to drop off in the near future. Clearly rum and Lion Browns did the trick!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 4:57pm
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Quick cure for big toe, pussy poultice Wink

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 7:34pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Originally posted by feeder feeder wrote:

Quick cure for big toe, pussy poultice Wink

Cheers

Nothing to do with cats right? Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Grunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 9:23pm
Grunta View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Smudge - I spoke to a pharmacist I know well and he has not only recommended but also supplied a bottle of rum for your sore big toe.  I have it stored safely until I see you...Thumbs Up
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:13pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

That pharmacist is a great guy Grunta Wink
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:15pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I should really write a rare east coast report on how the day went.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kitno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:17pm
kitno View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

I should really write a rare east coast report on how the day went.

Yes you should.
Top 10 finish
2024 Grunter Hunter.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:21pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote feeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:53am
feeder View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thumbs Up Correct.

Cheers
The only bar to frequent is the Kawhia Bar