how to change password?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Offshore Echoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to change password?
    Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 6:27am
Offshore Echoes View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

morning all.... sorry this has to be my first post but i think its a sensible one.  how do i change my password?

ive looked in my control panel and it isnt where it would be in other forums...

cheers  OE
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 7:27am
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

I think you will need to pm Grunta he should be able to do that for you.
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pjc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:39am
pjc View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

why can I upload photos but not post them??also when trying to delete it comes up permission denied and gives an error code??had this once before and Ginga?? fixed it
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 10:10am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

morning all.... sorry this has to be my first post but i think its a sensible one.  how do i change my password?

This issue came up a while back at least once, after a whole heap of upgrades quite a while back.
 It should be..
 Go to member control panel/ edit profile/ change password (this and change email is missing).

There is a link at the top of edit profile

"Email*
Please go to My Profile to change your email address."
  The * next to the "email" refers to nothing below
The my profile link goes  nowhere.., that link should go to the page it is on... 
And the 
member control panel/ edit profile/ goes to part of the new member registration part, yet draws the current log on user details out of the db ???
 I have not tried , but suspect to change anything in this will not result in any change being made... even if email and PW options where listed.

The missing sections and the email* stuff appears to be the left overs from a previous upgrade where the server files should have been edited but not done so correctly..
 I suspect that in editing many of the file for the update, there where not done..
 I have made a similar mistake some yrs back on my own Nuke/ phpbb web site.. several times in several upgrades over several yrs.
 A manual upgrade is rather a long and tedious job.. 1 space missed out, a full stop  a wrong letter or stroke wrong in the coding and things like this break down.

SOME of the consqueninius of this error will be..

Therefore if someone forgets there PW it is very likely that clicking that option logging in will not work.. and will not send out an email to change or update that PW.
 Also if someone has changed their email , they have no way to correct, and therefore not get alerts  or be able to get new pw s

If they cant log in or get a lost PW  and several other similar scenarios, decide to create a new  user.. they cant use there  email or user name..

And we will never know, unless they have a 2nd unused email that is not in the site data base...

Therefore members become lost to the site..and we will never know..