How can I put pictures in my post?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GO-Ito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I put pictures in my post?
    Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:30am
GO-Ito View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dear forum members

Hi! Could someone tell me how to put pictures in a post?

I have uploaded two JPG files from my PC to the server and got the URLs like these:

uploads/99262/Amago-1.JPG
uploads/99262/Amago-2.JPG

I can see the pictures when I clicked the "Insert Image" icon.

How should I write the correct URL of my photos in the text?

I have tried the following ways...but they both did not work.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Starting from scratch..
When posting directly below another post in some sections there is no img tag above..
 Soo.
 Copy the words you may have typed.
Above to the left is a "post reply" button hit that.
 Paste anything copied you may have.
Then
 (hang on just going to the "post reply" button).
 (just pasted this so far, over.)

Now above is a icon with a tree.. the add pic button. Clk that.
 A new page opens.
Minimise that and drag from your desktop or whatever folder the pic you want into the "drag your files here" section.
 A upload bar appears and wait for it to finish.
 The pic now appears in the column below.
Clk on it and it will now appear in the "preview " part

IF you have changed the size of the pop up window with "preveiw" it will now most likely not show the bottom border, or may not show the bar on the rigfht side to see the bottom of the window.
 Drag the window bigger so can see the bottom right hand cnr and can see the "ok" and "cancel" buttons there.
 hit "ok"
 Pic comes up in your reply ready to post.

A suggestion.
 Before uploading crop your pic so cut out background edges anf bring what you want to show to the front....which I have not done in this upload.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GO-Ito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:22pm
GO-Ito View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dear Steps

Thank you so much for your very detailed instruction about posting pictures. It is easy to understand for me.

Now I am on my job, so I will try to post by following the procedures.

Thanks again!

from GO Smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 3:05pm
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nps .. I was hoping was not being to simplistic and appear patronising.
 Enjoying the World cup Rugby?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote GO-Ito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 9:09pm
GO-Ito View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Dear Steps

Thank you! I could put my photos into the text.
Now I know the right way.

I was looking at the uploaded photos with too big window size.
When I made it smaller, the OK button had appeared on the right below the corner.

Yes, I have been enjoying the World cup Rugby like other many Japanese people. But your national team, All Blacks is really strong!

I can not wait for the next game of the Japanese team.

Cheers,

GO
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 10:09am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yep and not just the All Blacks.. for a little country, and small population we kick well above in so many sports and fields.

And the Japanese Rugby team has come a long way in recent yrs. Along with Argentina, Namibia and several other countries.
From my perspective, yep we must win attitude... but the opposition must be able to give us a good run for our money, not just be walked over,
 Even thu the score may not represent that.
 Makes for a good entertaining game to watch...a walk over on the field is not entertaining.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ruffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:05pm
Ruffy View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks for the heads up guys  that worked, only went for small size can put bigger if you want?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Steps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 10:00am
Steps View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

that worked, only went for small size can put bigger if you want?

Size.. file size or dimensions?
 yes.. limits are noted in the upload window

It is best to edit before uploading
1/ crop out background and keep the subject of what you want in the foreground. Pic presents much better.
 This also reduces file size and dimensions.
2/ change width to about 600...If the size is still too big this will have a 99.9% chance of reducing to within specs.