help !!!

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help !!!
    Posted: 13 Sep 2002 at 5:05pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Can anyone recomend a uptodate book on game fishing for beginners (from small baots) I thought I had a good general knowledge but the more I read in this section, the more I realise that I know nuffin. Hopefully an up-to-date NZ book will help.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote odin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2002 at 11:04pm
odin View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Hi Barrie,

Save your dollars for a few weeks because we have Peter Pakula coming out from  over the ditch and it looks like he will be able to do a series of seminars. Also he will be promoting his new CD which in my humble opinion will become a bible for guys like yourself wanting to learn winning ways of gamefishing. I have been previewing this product and I think that the finished product will be worth every cent that Pete will be asking for it. On second thoughts it will probably be worth a lot more, so I guess that we should be thanking him that he will be sharing his knowledge at a reasonable price. I would say that it shows his love for the sport.

Cheers

odin

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2002 at 6:32am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thanx Odin
I was at the meeting a week ago but wondered if there was anything. If you say thats the best the Great. November isnt it?
Looking forward to the 28th as well
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBoffshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2002 at 4:15pm
JBoffshore View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Barrie,

a book not necesarily for small boat fishing but a good 1. it is not coming out till about xmas time and is writen by bill hall. sounds like its going to be a great book.

b.m

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kerren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2002 at 1:41pm
Kerren View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Hi ya Bazza,

You will be able to syphon a hell of a lot of up-to-date and effective information from our seminar on the 28th, but nothing and I mean nothing will get you catching big angry gamefish like time on the water...lets face it no one has ever landed a marlin while sitting on their couch reading a book, sitting infront of a computer, watching a video or attending a seminar!...talk to some guys from the club at the next meeting and get your name on their "crew" lists...I know plenty that are always looking for dependable, friendly crew members that don't forget their wallets (gas, food, bait etc)..let me know and I will introduce you to some of these fine gents!

I am Kermit, Leader of Muppets Nov 05
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 5:52am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Looking forward to it Kerren, I sit here every evening and morning with the TLD50 set up waiting for the niebours cat to pounce. I am useing a feathered lure with brown/red and white ,but alas, he still wont take it. Am I trolling too slow or have I just totally lost it?
PS..my children are becoming concerned and want me to go to the docter about it, I feel that they are being unreasonable. do you agree?
pps..I got the trailor back finally totally rebuilt with new springs and hubs. May be able to forget about the cat soon.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 10:44am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try a Pakula Mouse in Secret Saurie with a slow but jerky retrieve. Better to use  SWF using a deer-hair mouse, works every time!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joseph Lau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 11:35am
Joseph Lau View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Barrie, try going down in line weight class and try 4.5 kg line. Your lure sounds right, just the presentation is not natural enough. Pls let me know which therapist you consult as I might need one for tackle-shopism too.

Roy, out of curiosity, what's your signature about ? I am sure I am not the only one mystified by the encryption.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 5:48pm
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

wonder if "Master Jig" has a lure that works well with neibours cats?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBoffshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2002 at 8:26pm
JBoffshore View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

you could always try a cats toy mouse with a hook out of it