Guideline ULS sinking shooting head casting

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guideline ULS sinking shooting head casting
    Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 4:24pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Using the modified Tongariro Roll Cast to cast the new Guideline 3D shooting heads on the Tongariro last winter.

Cheers     

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 8:49pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

During my September trip I fished mainly downstream with streamers and since I have mastered the TRC with the sinking ULS 3d shooting heads I never made an overhead cast for the whole week.     Huge distance without the need to wade up to my armpits.     Simple technique without the need for a double hand rod or other specific gear.     Used a #7 weight  9' rod these shooting heads fly across the widest part of the Tongariro River.    No drama 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:42pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Goodbye trout here come the Snapper!!!!!!      Much better eating too!!!!!!!

Cheers 

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fishb8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2022 at 7:54am
Fishb8 View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Good fishing Herb👍

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 10:10pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

I have been told by Sporting Life staff that they are selling literally dozens if not hundreds of Guideline ULS 3D shooting heads.    So why isn't somebody telling us how they like them, how they fish them and how they cast them??????

Cheers

Rainbow
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 4:55pm
Rainbow View Drop Down
Topic Moderator
Topic Moderator

Yesterday I did more TRC casting practice at the Waiwhakaiho Rv in New Plymouth to test a very light  12gram  3D shooting  head with a #6 XSL 9' rod.     I have marked my shooting lines at 100' and got that out at nearly every cast .      The shooting head was S3,S5,S7 which is the fastest sinking head from Guideline available in NZ.     I was so chuffed with ease to get that distance  that I will fish with this outfit nex week on my second trip to the Tongariro.

Cheers

Rainbow     
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Micsam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 10:19am
Micsam View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Rainbow you think this winter in Taupo there are any returning fish that are:
a) big enough to not be scared of a swinging wet fly and
b) healthy enough to not be drowned and dragged by a sinking shooting head??!