Flounder guide to Auckland

Page  <1 345
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 1:47pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

clarks beach

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 7:56pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Might have to have a jack. Going to shoot up to Whangateau if the weather stays good
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CanadianJohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 9:16pm
CanadianJohn View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

would be keen to hive this a try. anyone had any luck out east Auckland way? howick or cockle bay beachs?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 10:21pm
KB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Just got back from Floundering up the Orewa estuary, spur of the moment decision as the breeze dropped away while taking the dogs for a walk, 1st time since I was a kid fishing the estuary was a bit more soft mud than I remember. 1 hour fishing there and back home. saw a number of small flounder and stood on a couple before coming across a couple of good size ones. Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night.Clap
(Sorry Matt didn't ring you) Picture quality a bit crap but you get the picture.
KB

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 4:07pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by KB KB wrote:

Just got back from Floundering up the Orewa estuary, spur of the moment decision as the breeze dropped away while taking the dogs for a walk, 1st time since I was a kid fishing the estuary was a bit more soft mud than I remember. 1 hour fishing there and back home. saw a number of small flounder and stood on a couple before coming across a couple of good size ones. Looking forward to dinner tomorrow night.Clap
(Sorry Matt didn't ring you) Picture quality a bit crap but you get the picture.
KB

Nice work KB...must be a few of us coasties here...Matt and I are going to have a look next week hopefully!! Flour and butter for them bad boys!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Pro Fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 7:50pm
Pro Fish View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

KB !!! have been sitting by my phone every night waiting hahaha

Pete and i been on me new boat a bit, few pannies coming over the side but no tasty flatfish thats for sure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:25pm
KB View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Matt the tide might be ok for Monday night will be best about 1.5 to 2 hrs after low tide. Will take you and Pete to the secret holding spot Wink
5.30pm Moffat Road
KB
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Wikipeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:56pm
Wikipeter View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Originally posted by KB KB wrote:

Matt the tide might be ok for Monday night will be best about 1.5 to 2 hrs after low tide. Will take you and Pete to the secret holding spot Wink

KB

Sweet see you there KB!! I just got some flour and butter too 😆
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ycha223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:02am
ycha223 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Can you catch them on hooks? anyone tried?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote bazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 8:34am
bazza View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium
OBE - Over Bloody Eighty

Originally posted by ycha223 ycha223 wrote:

Can you catch them on hooks? anyone tried?

Yes & also fly fishing, both of which have been well covered in past threads so if you do a search you will find more than enough info. 
When you cry, feel pain or sadness, no one notices your sorrow .... BUT
fart just ONE time !!!!!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote lingee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 3:16pm
lingee View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

herald island a lot in the mud in coming tide
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ycha223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 5:24pm
ycha223 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Thanks Barry.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:46pm
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Time to wake this old post up... some good intel on here worth keeping

Like on page 2 of this post with the DIY plumbers tube flounder lights.... I knocked up one myself, got the lekky at work to wire it up yesterday... shes ready to go

2x500 lumen 12v MR16 daylight bulbs from Bunnings
ipx 67 on off switch from jaycar, plus the bulb connections
offcut 3mm clear perspex found laying around, now used as a lens cover for the light
pvc fittings are everywhere, best pricing at Trade Depot, just be sure on correct sizings.
My light uses 32mm dwv pipe, also available is 32mm pvc pipe & 32mm pressure pvc pipe, all 3 are completely different diameter dimensions... found that out the bloody expensive way
My kayak fishfinder battery is what is used to power up this light.... 1000 lumens

My local where I have speared a few flatties is just 6km away... havent done it for years, its time to invest some hours exploring my hood & then putting a feed on the table
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Bounty Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
Bounty Hunter View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

seems a bit overkill?

dive torch zip-tied to the end of some bent ali tube...
No disintegrations!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BananaBoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 8:25am
BananaBoat View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

seems a bit overkill ?

Could be right mate, I wanted something built to last & get 20yrs plus use out of it.... just like my 2 stray line outfits I bought in the early 90s & are still my go-to combos most times out in my kayak

The dive torch style can be purchased here - http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/flounder_fishing/flounder_lights.html
Page  <1 345