Big Big Yellowfin in Vavau

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Big Yellowfin in Vavau
    Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 12:35pm
Slick View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Yellowfin 81.5kgs
Line weight 24kgs
Fight time 3 hours

One very happy angler :)
People say if fishing was easy then it would be called catching, I say these people who say that obviously had a bad day's fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 1:39pm
mozz View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Thats a bloody nice fin! Lure or bait
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 3:01pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

God lord, 3 hrs on 24 kg - that's an insane fight. Didn't realise these fish had that sort of stamina.Clap
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 4:09pm
Slick View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Was on a lure, and yeh ive never known a fish to be so dogged he tried every trick in the book hense the 3 hour fight, we actually thought it was a decent size blue for most of the fight until we got a good look at it side on when he popped up shoulders out of the water and a sickle that was massive.

Was caught on a Bonze BTK in flying fish colours, my lure rigged by me so was special to get the fish on that also Thumbs Up

I was sitting at 12kgs drag for mot of the fight I could have bumped it up more but i was comfortable with it so didnt want to risk pulling the hooks.

My mate saw it take the lure and described it as someone dropping a vw ontop of the lure cant say on here his exact words when it hit LOL

And was only 2kgs off the Tongan national record for Yellowfin on 24kg argh so close Tongue

People say if fishing was easy then it would be called catching, I say these people who say that obviously had a bad day's fishing.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Tyrannosaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 10:35pm
Tyrannosaur View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Wow thats a great fin! Ive only heard stories of these things never seen one up close.. Maybe I should head to Vavau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote segador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 11:12pm
segador View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

mean fish there slick catch you down whiti during the season
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Double Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 6:05am
Double Shot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome fish Slick, and nice to get the sod on your own rigged lure, top effort, 3hrs certainly would've earnt a coldie or 3...
70ml of 90deg C water pressurised through 13g of roasted finely ground tamped coffee for 25sec's to make a distinguishing sensory hit called a Double Shot