Advice Welcome

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice Welcome
    Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:11am
Yeoman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Next two weeks are school holidays.  I have an eight year old grandson who is keen to experience fishing from a boat.  Unfortunately my boat - a yacht - was sold a few years ago and was too large for he and myself to handle for a fish. 

I have made enquiries at the fishing shop at Whangaparaoa where we live in hope of a shortish - half day max - group charter, but it seems only day charters at this time of the year. 

I would like him to experience a boat fish but recognise that his period of concentration is likely to be limited to half a day max.  

Would welcome advice - any thoughts?

Regards
Yeoman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Barrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 11:20am
Barrie View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Dont forget that a full day is likely to be from say 8 to 4 and by the time you take away travel of say 3 hours that leaves only 5 hours which is likely to be spread in a few different places.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Yeoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2013 at 3:54pm
Yeoman View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Thanks Barrie, 

Understand.  At this stage am thinking of a half day - including travelling time.  Have a couple of mates
who I am yet to contact, but know that they are busy working for the next month or so.

Am still hopefull
Yeoman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mouthu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 6:45pm
mouthu View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Try asking the same question here,

There's at least one person I can think of that might give you a positive response.
Yes it was me, I screwed it up for everyone.