Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Topshotfishing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today
    Posted: 22 Aug 2013 at 9:29am
Topshotfishing View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Locals from South Florida, Richard Demoliner and friends Iggy and Diego with their sons, Miguel age 8 and Mitchell age 7 chartered the Happy Day today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL.  Winds were out of the east at 12 mph, 3-4 ft. seas, and the sun playing peek-a-boo with the clouds. 

Fifteen minutes after leaving Bahia Mar dock, lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale located in 120 ft. of water.  We started off trolling with two plainers down, one with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon and the other with a blue and purple sea witch in front of a double hook Bonito strip.  For surface baits we had two Ballyhoos and two Bonito strips.  My plan today was to do some wreck fishing over some of our 34 artificial wrecks located in Fort Lauderdale, however, the current in the Gulf Stream moved extremely fast at 5.3 knots to the north making it impossible to fish the wrecks.  The best solution for wreck fishing today would be to try to fish over wrecks in shallower waters.

I trolled over the drop off from 80 ft. of water out to 350 ft. of water with Miguel and Mitchell, my two young anglers, sitting anxiously waiting for the first bite.  They did not have long to wait as Miguel, our first angler, along with his father’s assistance, brought in a 16 lb. Bonito.  Next in line was Mitchell and he, with his father’s assistance, caught a 14 lb. Bonito.  From there we kept trolling around as the father’s joined the fun by reeling in their own catches.  All in all, the anglers caught a total of 3 Kingfish, 2 Tunas, and 21 Bonitos, some of which we threw back.  I was anticipating making a drop on one of the shallow wrecks but still the current was moving too fast, so I went to plan B, taking one engine out of gear and trolling slowly over one of the wrecks.  The deep plainer rod bent over as Richard jumped into the chair and successfully reeled in a 24 lb. Gag Grouper, which will be served as the main menu for tonight’s dinner.

With smiles on everyone’s faces, they retired to the a/c salon, with the boys taking a siesta for the ride back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.  

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [email protected]   Website:  www.topshotfishing.com.