Retired Boat Builder?

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Craigus Te Gray Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retired Boat Builder?
    Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 2:01pm
Craigus Te Gray Ghost View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Hi, couldn't find the right forum to post this in but here go's :) I have an old late 60's-early 70's 21ft GOP ex-crayfishing tow boat that needs some serious restoration, it has a steel spine which to me makes it savable, my wife wants me to burn it, but everybody else tells me to get it restored as it looks like one of a kind. I'm looking for a retired boatbuilder who could assist me in the rebuild, someone who lives in the southern part of Auckland. Cant promise much but a bit of cash, booze and food and enthusiasm, plus fishn trips of course when she's finished. Any help would be appreciated, can be contacted on 027-227-9702 cheers Craig.A
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 4:38pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Ever thought of building from scratch as in plans? save your self a lot of money and pride knowing you did it your self :) this is the boat i intend to build in the end. just need plans wood materials and an engine...:) 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote funandfunction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 8:44pm
funandfunction View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Just had a look at that boat. Seriously nice !!!Thumbs Up
Think you'd be best to have some boatbuilding experience to tackle that .
There are two types of people in the world: those that divide people into two types and those that don't.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 8:58pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Na ya dont have to bro, it's built for the novices as well as pros. set by step all you need to get going is clearly marked out. from tools to gear needed for glassing. just need cool days or nights or the glass goes off to quick. hence why i'll do it in winter...:) you have full pattern plans etc and all you need is the room to build it in...something to think about for you :)