A good laugh

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A good laugh
    Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 5:55pm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 5:59pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

isn't that separatism only allowing maori to apply and then the interest rate being set at the value the government borrows at 
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 6:05pm
ponty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Other than being racist maybe? It has some real benefits to it
1. Maori have land that is not being used because of treaty settlements, having houses on it prevents land being "wasted"
2. There isn't exactly much extra cost if they pay the interest cost the Government pays.
3. Gets them into better housing which could improve their health and reduce the public health bill

But one has to ask, what about every first home buyers. Mana seem to do very well to proposal these proposals without the Elephant in the room being pointed out.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

The ordinary Maori could always try to get loans from the treaty settlements  ... if they could prise it out of the greedy, grasping hands of the tribal leaders ... yeah! when hell freezes over.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 7:38pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Only Maori first home-buyers would be able to apply, and they would not need any deposit. wow talk about being racist talking. good for them good for anyone. and i bet the gangs will get dibs in as well.. low life scumbags deserve nothing...

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote onthedrop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 9:40pm
onthedrop View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Whos being racist?gang members and greedy tribal leaders. While it may be "racist" mana is headed by Hone a known politcal activist fighting for the rights of his people hes only looking out for his and power to him thats what his supporters want no different to the likes of key looking after his voters just a little less selfishly me thinks.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ponty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 10:54pm
ponty View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

He does seem to get his way in some sense. He pushed for breakfast in schools. National compromised put 8 million along with private funding. Down the track we may see a watered down policy of this.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:01pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

What's racist about gang members and greedy tribal leaders? they exist in all cultures i.e. mafia gangs and criminal tribal leaders.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jet_ski_fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2013 at 11:18pm
Jet_ski_fisher View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Racist's are only present when one race is being or are trying to be not part of the group or as a whole for the greater good for everyone, only when people can become one group will racist people no longer exist. we need to act as one race and not place a wedge between the groups,and make it a better place for everyone.. you can not have building houses for one race, and the other side not doing the same, it only brings trouble for everyone.. because one race feels left out of the group.
jealous? could be,angry? yerp. if it's good enough for them it's good enough for everyone.
just saying...can we just not get along and let the past be the past and move on as a whole.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote kaveman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 7:34am
kaveman View Drop Down
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Guess who is going to pay for all these homes??
www.kavemantackle.co.nz
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Gowest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 7:44am
Gowest View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Racism plain and simple
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Starnsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 9:53am
Starnsy View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Not I kaveman! Ermm
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote v8-coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 2:51pm
v8-coupe View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Originally posted by onthedrop onthedrop wrote:

Whos being racist?gang members and greedy tribal leaders. While it may be "racist" mana is headed by Hone a known politcal activist fighting for the rights of his people hes only looking out for his and power to him thats what his supporters want no different to the likes of key looking after his voters just a little less selfishly me thinks.

The problem I have is that neither he nor his supporters are Maori. They are New Zealanders of Maori descent. This proposal is racist/seperatist in the extreme. This was tried many years ago and was canned. The reason being, although they got favourable loans and conditions they still did not pay the money back. The Governement at the time wrote off tens of millions of dollars. I used to work with a guy who married a New Zealander of Maori ancestry. He came in crowing about this deal and that he and his spouse could now get a house. I thought "Good on them". A year or so later he tells us he has had his loan written off through an IWI authority and he still gets to keep his house. Once again I thought "good for them". As I have grown older and seen the blatant Governemnt sponsered racism/seperatism that has grown since that time I have become bitter. I was always brought up to believe we should all be treated equal. I have since learned that is not true. Some, by virtue of an accident of birth are entitle to more consideration than others. The street I grew up in had it share of racial diversity. We all played together, went to school together and socialized together. We all did well at school. Even those of Maori and Pacific descent. However since the the renaisance, these cultures started crying the "white mans" educational system is no good for our children. Education has since been dumbed down to allow for more New Zealanders of Maori and Pacific descent to pass. Special seats have been set aside at Universty to accomodate them even though they do not need to meet the equivalent marks as the rest.
This and many other pieces of racist/seperatist legislation has done neither them nor New Zealand as a whole, any favours. Under the cloak of his heritage, Harawira gets away with a hell of a lot more than any "whitey" would. He truely epitimizes the face of racism/seperatism and hides behind the wall of "my/his people"
Legasea Legend Member
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AlexFyssher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:14pm
AlexFyssher View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Originally posted by v8-coupe v8-coupe wrote:

Originally posted by onthedrop onthedrop wrote:

The problem I have is that neither he nor his supporters are Maori. They are New Zealanders of Maori descent. This proposal is racist/seperatist in the extreme. This was tried many years ago and was canned. The reason being, although they got favourable loans and conditions they still did not pay the money back. The Governement at the time wrote off tens of millions of dollars. I used to work with a guy who married a New Zealander of Maori ancestry. He came in crowing about this deal and that he and his spouse could now get a house. I thought "Good on them". A year or so later he tells us he has had his loan written off through an IWI authority and he still gets to keep his house. Once again I thought "good for them". As I have grown older and seen the blatant Governemnt sponsered racism/seperatism that has grown since that time I have become bitter. I was always brought up to believe we should all be treated equal. I have since learned that is not true. Some, by virtue of an accident of birth are entitle to more consideration than others. The street I grew up in had it share of racial diversity. We all played together, went to school together and socialized together. We all did well at school. Even those of Maori and Pacific descent. However since the the renaisance, these cultures started crying the "white mans" educational system is no good for our children. Education has since been dumbed down to allow for more New Zealanders of Maori and Pacific descent to pass. Special seats have been set aside at Universty to accomodate them even though they do not need to meet the equivalent marks as the rest.
This and many other pieces of racist/seperatist legislation has done neither them nor New Zealand as a whole, any favours. Under the cloak of his heritage, Harawira gets away with a hell of a lot more than any "whitey" would. He truely epitimizes the face of racism/seperatism and hides behind the wall of "my/his people"

Bang on. That sums it up perfectly!!!! Clap

Most of the Maori in NZ have a higher percentage of European blood than Maori blood. So apart from the fact that we are all actually NZer's, most of the people trying to exploit the hardship of their ancient ancestors are related less to Maori than they are to the Europeans...... calling it/them pathetic is a huge understatement!!!!!!!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 3:22pm
Joker View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

All we here is about what they lost (or rather the chief legitimately sold) and how disadvantaged they are but never what they gained.
In all of history of colonisation have the natives been given the gifts that Maori have.
Imagine being taken from "Stone Age Man" to "Modern Day Man" with all of the equal rights and privileges in under 200 years.

Time to say "Thank You"

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Greenhornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:31pm
Greenhornet View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

The Mana Party are a "Disturbing" bunch, with backward thinking ! i think these are the people who get to university and get "given" their degree without passing their subjects.........Chur, time for a fish bro ! Tongue
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote corosanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 4:56pm
corosanta View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Growing up in Rotovegas made me very race tolerant. We schooled, played, sported and dated according to our social norms with scant regard as to which race you belonged to.

This attitude continued throughout and shaped my entire life.

About 8 years ago we invested in Kaitaia and through circumstance ended up living there for a few years. I met a whole new breed of New Zealanders in that town and also kept tripping across John Hatfield (Hone H.). From these people I learnt first hand about theft, Welfare system abuse, racism and greed.

I would suggest to any goody-two-shoes wanting hand out more dosh to this sector of NZ, to take a very hard and objective look at what lies beneath Mana's mantras.

Sitndrinkntalknbullman
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote cosmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:06pm
cosmo View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

"Maori have land that is not being used because of treaty settlements, having houses on it prevents land being  wasted"

one of the big problems with maori land is that no one can define ownership to a piece of it  eg the family owns a share of a huge tract of land but cant define which part is theirs- we have 50 acres on a 500 acre block
i just want to go fishing..........amd ignore all my adult problems
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Blue Meanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:24pm
The Blue Meanie View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Lets hope he never gets a finger let alone a hand on the steering wheel that directs our country....
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Aaron32987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2013 at 8:32pm
Aaron32987 View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

[QUOTE=Joker] All we here is about what they lost (or rather the chief legitimately sold) and how disadvantaged they are but never what they gained.
In all of history of colonisation have the natives been given the gifts that Maori have.
Imagine being taken from "Stone Age Man" to "Modern Day Man" with all of the equal rights and privileges in under 200 years.

Time to say "Thank You"
  [/QUOTE

LOL that sums up what's funny about this whole thread. 

Because you can't possibly be serious. Wacko