few pics of land bassed lure caught fish

Page  <1 234
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:02pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

got back out today with some lures, windy but coming from behind me so helped get the little ones out far enough. had some burley running which soon brought in the kahawai, they immediately took a fancy to this one:

landed 4 of these so had a play with some other lures but no snapper action, however i did manage a nice pannie on a pillie so dinner is sorted!
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brown Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:29pm
Brown Dog View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

That a Rapala RockZ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:36pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kevin.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:40pm
Kevin.S View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Nice work rockz, I tried yesterday but quickly gave up in the wind.  I was using a small waxwing that had enough weight to be able to cast but with the wind coming straight at me it was soon obvious that if I didn't give up I was going to have a huge birds nest with my braid being blown all over.  And I was getting seasick standing on the jetty.  Poor choice of location given the wind direction, lesson learned. 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 3:56pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

yeah it definitely helps to be able to fish both side of the peninsular depending on wind.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote YeeHaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 4:33pm
YeeHaa View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

I knew rapalas are deadly to brownies, but my question was, "Do they work for kahawais in the gulf."

So, I picked a nice day and went out with them

On the third cast, I got the first one.

Two minutes later, got another one.

Then, every two or three casts, I hooked up kahawais.
CD9s were killers for them.

finally, they got bored of CD9s, so I grabbed a jig, then I cast to where I couldn't with rapalas,
had fun time again.
I don't remember how many fish I landed,
just so many!

WWW.YEEHAA.CO.NZ
(09)5705058
30 Jellicoe Road Panmure
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote pure--lure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 1:55pm
pure--lure View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

hey yehaa hook us up lol
http://www.facebook.com/groups/hibiscus.coast.fishing/
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2014 at 4:26pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

popped out today for a wee play, long story here: 

http://www.fishing.net.nz/asp_forums/anyone-get-out-today_topic30565_page429.html

any ways what do you guys think about swapping out these thin trebles for some live bait or small in line hooks?

as i diving lure i would think the trebles wouldn't be as important as with a surface lure?
or am i way off in thinking this?

any advice much appreciated, cheers.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rockz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 3:52pm
rockz View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

been a while since i was last here!
popped out after the footy down to the wade to test out some new stickbaits that arrived this week.
seem to have a good action and cast very well, they even catch fish although not the size i was after...LOL

for those that are interested lure is 120mm and 28g sinking.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:04pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Greedy fish!
Best gurnard fisherman in my street
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote HopeDMorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2022 at 8:26pm
HopeDMorin View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Nice.. I am not much aware about land based lure caught fish.
Page  <1 234