GT on popper

Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT on popper
    Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 1:51pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Caught this beauty on a Alive popper. Weight in at 70.5 lbs. Good way to blood my new Daiwa Demon Blood.Big smileBig smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Fenien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 2:05pm
Fenien View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Very nice fish.Well done.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote laidbackdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 2:26pm
laidbackdood View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Yeah boy...thats a ripper.Wink...whereabout is this place?
Once the idiots turn up..Im outta here...No time for Drama Queens.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AndyK-22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 4:01pm
AndyK-22 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

BOooo ya!! Where was it?
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Catchelot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 4:41pm
Catchelot View Drop Down
Titanium
Titanium

Awesome GT there SK...any story to tell the class?Big smile
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Cousteau
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote C A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 4:54pm
C A View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

that is an awesome fish!

how do you find the demon blood?also for stickbaiting (if you used any) 

cheers
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 8:58pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Cheers guys.
First time i use the Alive poppers. I am waiting for some REAL poppers. Any way i use 2 single Mustad Hoodlum Livebait hooks. Also first time i use singles. Not very happy with singles as i lost 3 fish in a row until my girlfriend took the rod and catch a very nice Red Snapper. I still lost a big GT after that and then i hook this one just before we go home. This fish have raw power as it tows a 17 ft boat with 4 adults aboard.
I will post some pics of the popper and hooks as i was very surprise to find the hooks bend. The rod performs very well with poppers and sticks baits but i fish poppers 95% of the time.Poppers no bigger than 80 grams is the king here. Oh yes it is Tarawa Kiribati Islands where i fish and work.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Millkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 9:04pm
Millkman View Drop Down
Silver
Silver

Very nice fish mate! Raw power alright !
Getdatfish
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The cook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 9:08pm
The cook View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Holy, thas a good fish.
Liking your work
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ReelAppealLures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 10:42pm
ReelAppealLures View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Nice fish Deon! Clap That's a solid GT! 

Don't get dismayed it's not the single hooks mate! GT's still manage to miss ST76 5/0's... Sent your poppers off also so they should arrive in your work mail at some stage. 
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reel-Appeal-Lures/300309486704362
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote smudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2012 at 11:50pm
smudge View Drop Down
Moderator - Ninja
Moderator - Ninja

Great way to save on gas Big smile. Holy that is a big fish.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote PoppinTonga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:40am
PoppinTonga View Drop Down
Bronze
Bronze

Very nice fish!  Congrats.  Sam is right, I have had clients with double st76 5/0s and the fish still miss the hooks.  Some times it is just not meant to be.
Tis better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 4:29pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Originally posted by smudge smudge wrote:

Great way to save on gas Big smile. Holy that is a big fish.
Yes it is cheap here. The reef where we fish is about 15 min by boat from my mates house. At lunchtime we go to the wharf and buy lunch and back to the reef in 15-20 min. We use all about 20 litres of petrol.Big smile
Big smile
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote wanabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:52pm
wanabe View Drop Down
Platinum
Platinum

Very respectable fish it warms my mind to see there are some good ones still there well done, any more pics of where you are staying 
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote ET487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 7:45pm
ET487 View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

Here's the popper and bend hooks. New one for comparison. I also use 80 lb braid(cheap trademe stuff) and a Finn Nor 5500 Offshore.
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alan syme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 5:51pm
alan syme View Drop Down
Gold
Gold

shot saffayakker, well done!